Oh so very true

What's Hot
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7181
    So true.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    I was in a blues band in the mid 80s and remember playing a pub in Rawtenstall that had a 'tough' crowd.

They demanded we played 'Whole Lotta Rosie' by AC/DC. Given the 'vibe' of the place, we had a stab at it...

My '63 Fiesta Red Strat lived to fight another day. And so did we....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12454
    edited March 2015
    We played at a house party once. The band I was in did covers of 60s tv and film themes like Get Smart, Batman, Joe 90 etc. We'd finished our last song when this really stoned guy came up to me and demanded we play Hawaii Five Oh. I told him I didn't know how to play it and he said " fucksake mate it's really easy, it goes dah dah da da DAH DAH, dah dah da da DAH.........."

Punters, eh? :|
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24534
    It's a very common thing for people who have never played a musical instrument to think that all you need to know in order to play a song is the ability to sing the melody line.  You've heard it = you can play it.  It really boils my piss when they pull that stupid face when you say "We don't know how to play that" and they hear "I don't know how that goes.... remind me".
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7964
    edited March 2015
    Emp_Fab;566068" said:
    It's a very common thing for people who have never played a musical instrument to think that all you need to know in order to play a song is the ability to sing the melody line.  You've heard it = you can play it.  
    The pianist at my g/f's brother's wedding could actually do this. He knew his intervals so well that he could play any song he knew off by heart (to listen to) even if he'd never played it. He was a human jukebox, played requests all night. Really talented guy.