Marshall 2061 original 1972

What's Hot
TONYPTONYP Frets: 0
edited March 2015 in Amps

Hi just wondering if anyone out there might know anything about a Marshall 1972 2061 Lead/Bass amp have one and I'm looking to sell it but I have no idea as how much they are selling for. can anyone help.

Thanks.

Tonyp

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    I'm working on four of them at the moment :). Actually all PA versions, but it's the same amp really.

Depending on condition and originality, probably £750-1000. (These are all being assessed for sale and that's roughly the range the owner is thinking of.)

Does yours have a proper Bulgin socket, mini-Bulgin or captive mains lead?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TONYPTONYP Frets: 0
    It use to have a captive but as been changed for euro plug, it's also been fitted with a standby switch so its not totally original. 
    edited March 2015
    TONYP said:
    It use to have a captive but as been changed for euro plug, it's also been fitted with a standby switch so its not totally original. 
    Oh dear… I do like standby switches but if the front panel has been drilled that's a major reduction in value, probably at least £100 off relative to whatever it was before. Maybe worse in the sense that many buyers just won't want it at all. Silly maybe, but that's the way the vintage market is.

The IEC socket is an upgrade if done to a good standard - which many aren't unfortunately - and shouldn't affect the value.

What's it like inside? With mods like that you would need to be sure it hasn't been messed about in other ways as well. Do you have any pics?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

yes I have but not sure how to up load them?
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I'll give you £50 for it 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2015
    TONYP said:
    yes I have but not sure how to up load them?
    Sign up for Photobucket or one of the other (mostly better, as I now understand it!) online photo hosts.

You should probably move this to 'amps' as well :).

Hi thanks for that but for £50 I will hang onto it.

Thanks any way

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Worth a try ...

I gave £50 on 2 separate occasions during the mid-1980s for old single channel valve amps with no FX that nobody else wanted at the time. Turned out they were plexis from 1967 & 1968 
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Worth a try ...

I gave £50 on 2 separate occasions during the mid-1980s for old single channel valve amps with no FX that nobody else wanted at the time. Turned out they were plexis from 1967 & 1968 
    I remember that time too… I paid £50 for an early metal-panel 50W head, a DIY 2x12" cab with Celestion Powercels and an old wah pedal once. I think there were a couple of curly leads thrown in but I can't remember.

Bear in mind that these amps were less than twenty years old at the time - they weren't vintage, just old. A twenty-year-old Marshall these days is an early Valvestate, and how much are they worth now?

been trying to upload photos without success

:x :x
  • bignormbignorm Frets: 191
    Download imgur it's a piece o p!ss to upload pics .. Just and it copy the url of each image and paste into your post..simples