Tonight I saw...

What's Hot
Chuck Ragan. Awesome show, made me want to grab m guitar and sing songs at the top of my voice- which is all you can ask for in a gig. What have YOU seen, was it good?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    The Who at the O2 last night
    This was a well meant birthday gift from my stepson. I've seen the original lineup in their prime and frankly wasn't that bothered about seeing them again.

Daltrey struggled with his voice at times and he screwed up a couple of songs, coming in at wrong time on things you'd assume he knew backwards. Townshend was trying way too hard to still be an obnoxious yobbo and his tone was awful at times. Zak Starkey definitely ain't Keith Moon. Pino Paladino is no Ox either.

The songs made the evening though. Their back catalogue is just so immense and packed with quality. I don't think there was a dry eye in the house when they played Rain on Me. Behind Blue Eyes must be one of the most perfect rock songs ever written.

Great night. Townshend has pretty much admitted this will be their last tour. I'm glad I got to see them before they go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    Yeah - I saw The Who at Shepherds Bush Empire about fifteen years ago (John was still alive then).   I'm so glad I saw them in a small-ish venue and before they became their own tribute act.  I'm pleased you enjoyed it though, boogieman,

Hopefully they'll pack it in completely before it gets embarrassing.
    A guy I vaguely know, although he's a facebook "friend", was also there last night apparently. He put it rather well : it's one of those gigs where you can say in the future "I was there" rather than "it was an amazing gig".
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27260
    I was front row for the first big show of the tour, in Abu Dhabi last November. Absolutely brilliant - no caveats either. I'm guessing touring for 6 months straight is pretty tough at their age though.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Yeah, Roger is 71 now, although he certainly doesn't look it.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15994
    .......tomorrow I plane
    tae be or not tae be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • trolleytrolley Frets: 89

Tomorrow I'm going to see Devin Townsend.

An interesting evening methinks