GigRig Generator plus Distributor versus Diago Powerstation versus VisualSound 1-spot (yes again!)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9608
    Again, I say, Gigrig = silent. Full stop.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Again... it's not useful feedback at all. I want to understand WHY - if it's true - WHY it's silent and these other two options are not. Because technologically... THEY ARE ALL THE EXACT SAME THING!!
    Not really dude. I love my 535q!
    I've been doing that for a year. I don't want to do it any longer.
    edited April 2015
    Drew_fx said:
    Again... it's not useful feedback at all. I want to understand WHY - if it's true - WHY it's silent and these other two options are not. Because technologically... THEY ARE ALL THE EXACT SAME THING!!

Because YOUR OWN EARS have told you so
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Said it before, biggest sleeper ever, Yankee power supplies.heard about them from Dan gig rig himself. Brilliant. Dc plus Ac. Variable outlet for vintage boxes... Usb light. Class!
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • Drew_fx said:
    I've still got my Voodoo Lab PP2+ btw, which is basically silent... until it's near my wah pedal. It works great underneath the Pedaltrain but I can't put my wah on the board in that case. Plus it's a bit too big and bulky for a flat board, so I was looking at other options.
    I have had boards wired by LA Sound Design. Dave Friedman builds boards too. They never put power underneath the board and certainly nowhere near the wah. Always top left. Search LA Sound Design on HRI or look on FB. A PP2+ isn't big and bulky for a flatboard.
    Okay, refund sorted on the Diago Powerstation. I've just picked up a Diago Showman pedalboard box for £5.53 off eBay (great price!!) and if I put everything in that, and don't use my Pedaltrain any more, I can fit everything in there.. even the Pedal Power 2+... so I may just stick with that for the time being!
    Good choice... I never had any issue with the VL stuff...
  • Why not modify your pedaltrain so the power supply can go on the other end?
    Just cut a new hole for the kettle lead and remount the PP2.

That's what the guy did who I bought mine off.
    £5.53?!?!?! :-O
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Yup!
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7548
    Drew_fx said:
    keeping it nice and far away from the wah if it's problematic for you.
    That's definitely the plan dude, whichever way I scratch this. I can't have my wah on the Pedaltrain because it's too close to the PP2, and it pisses me off tbh!
    That's why I ditched the PP2+ and closed my eyes and winced and splashed out the cash on the Gigrig stuff.
    Once I was over the cost I haven't looked back. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarseGuitarse Frets: 165
    edited April 2015
    I used the VS 1 spot for a short while and everything started squealing. Got the Gigrig generator and solved it Highly recommended it! although I can't speak for the others you mentioned.
    Never ever bloody anything, ever!
  • £5.53?!?!?! :-O
    I reckon at that price it's got to actually be a Chiago Showman.
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    £5.53?!?!?! :-O
    I reckon at that price it's got to actually be a Chiago Showman.
    it would be a good price if it was a chiago pizza ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24610
    Gigrig. I like it.
    Gigrig. I like it.
    Aye I keep looking at dem pics you posted on Facebook. Definitely small enough for either of my boards.