Line 6 HD model packs available

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Line 6 have launched some new model packs covering metal, vintage and bass amps. Available now ..

http://line6.com/store/downloads/modelpacks

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That bass expansion pack is years late - and X revision only at the minute.  At least it is progress though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BodBod Frets: 1315
    I'm surprised they bothered with an update for the non-X series. I thought they'd abandoned it. Looking forward to the global EQ though; it'll give me an extra block to play with.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Bod said:
    I'm surprised they bothered with an update for the non-X series. I thought they'd abandoned it. Looking forward to the global EQ though; it'll give me an extra block to play with.
    I guess it's easy to do so why not ... it's extra revenue for Line 6.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    And it's a good PR exercise for Yamaha / Line 6 to show that there is going to a supported future with their products, and a way to reinvigorate some positive publicity too...

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Bod said:
    The Xs are exactly the same but with more memory and better footswitches I think so why not.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    To be accurate it has more processor power and memory, and the way it uses that processor means it isn't as simple as you may think. But hey, let's see what Line6 come up with - I wouldn't hold your breath though...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I see its says "coming soon" on the website so I guess they're having problems translating it.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1297
    I've already installed it on my 500x this morning. Comes with updated editor as well as new l6 monkey. Global eq appeared at the end of settings. I recently ditched pod in favour of pedals+looper setup but gonna give it a ago when home recording.
  • drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
    Could you point me to where it says X models only? I bought them tonight for my podHD & I didn't see any mention of the X pods only. Maybe Line 6 will tell me when they respond to my support ticket. Oh, and buggrit.
    drippycat said:
    Could you point me to where it says X models only? I bought them tonight for my podHD & I didn't see any mention of the X pods only. Maybe Line 6 will tell me when they respond to my support ticket. Oh, and buggrit.
    The update is only for the X series currently.  The non-X firmware update will be available in a week or so.

• drippycatdrippycat Frets: 139
    Ah! Thanks Bod.
    The non-X firmware update is now available.  Just about to install it on my HD500.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601

Bod said:
    The non-X firmware update is now available.  Just about to install it on my HD500.
    Thanks for the update ...

• UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 395
    Has anyone tried them out yet? Interested in hearing how the vintage pack sounds and $99 is a bit rich for me at the minute.
    There's a vid here - 

I'm doing my best to put off buying the full pack because I don't use most of the amps already in the unit.  I'm having great fun re-discovering the HD500 though.  I'm playing my tele through headphones and it sounds immense.  If only I could get it to sound this good through 4CM into my amp. :/
  • The Line 6 Octone sound is pretty cool!