Robben Ford's new album

What's Hot
ToonToon Frets: 57

His latest album released this week - Into the Sun - wow! just wow!

His best for a long while IMHO.

He only has 1 gig in the UK this year - April 29th O2 Academy Islington. Tickets still available. Can't wait.

1 of the best guitarists on the planet IMHO. (Not sure he brings the Dumble to Europe though - shame)

I am not young enough to know everything

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    I saw him at that venue last year - was great.
  • Huge RF fan here.. One of my all time top 3 gigs (warren point in the town hall mostly empty, 19.30 on a Friday night, End of the Truth tour). Didn't really get into the last couple of albums tbh but I was stuck in the car with only the Bringing it all back home album, and to be honest it started growing in me. Really like it now, haven't given the Nashville album the time it's due either... If he's on a different buzz on this record, even better. Tiger walk is to me, my "adult" Passion and Warfare. Weird as it is ha ha
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1371
    I'm still waiting for my signed copy to land on my doormat. I like what's on the prerelease video - it's interesting that he has several people guesting on the new CD. Disappointing that there's only one UK gig.

On his last tour, I saw him in Newcastle and he had one of his Dumbles with him.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Ooh didn't know he had a new one out. I've been a casual listener, for a while. Not actually bought any stuff. Might have to rectify that. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    I love this video of the great man doing Cannonball Shuffle on that Blues at Sea cruise a few weeks ago.....raw talent.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Huge RF fan here.. One of my all time top 3 gigs (warren point in the town hall mostly empty, 19.30 on a Friday night, End of the Truth tour). Didn't really get into the last couple of albums tbh but I was stuck in the car with only the Bringing it all back home album, and to be honest it started growing in me. Really like it now, haven't given the Nashville album the time it's due either... If he's on a different buzz on this record, even better. Tiger walk is to me, my "adult" Passion and Warfare. Weird as it is ha ha

Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland? 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6401
    Toon said:

He only has 1 gig in the UK this year - April 29th O2 Academy Islington. Tickets still available. Can't wait.

See you there !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2426
    Big RF fan but his previous couple of albums have been disappointing.  After listening to the downloadable track on his website, it alludes more towards the exciting and creative side of his playing and sounds like a it's going to be a promising album. I'm looking forward to listening to it in full.

Would love to go and see him but not sure I can afford a trip down to London. 
    :(
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6204
    Toon said:
    I love this video of the great man doing Cannonball Shuffle on that Blues at Sea cruise a few weeks ago.....raw talent. image
    Bloody lovely stuff.. Thanks for the clip @Toon. ; :D
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8551
    Album ordered, thansk for the heads up. Tickets for Islington also ordered!
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    I'm loving the album. The 4th track, Rainbow Cover, just blows me away. Hope he does it at the gig

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3340
    edited April 2015
    Saw him at the Jazz Cafe 10 or so years ago and the Dumble was present. His tech, Dave, allowed people to photograph the rig after the show and brought out his guitars and placed them either side of the amp and gave away some plecs too. He even let one guy have a quick unplugged go of the Tele as he was asking about the neck size.

I've not got the lastest album (note to get it) and I've only just got "One Day in Nashville".

RF is undoubtedly one of the best! Those going to the gig, enjoy it. Those who aren't, enjoy the new album.
  • DJWDJW Frets: 35
    That there Cannonball Shuffle has a feel of Misdirected Blues about it. Which of course is no bad thing.
    Always fly in the middle of the sky. Don't go near the edges.
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660

I haven't been listening to too much blues over the last 2-3 years so his last couple of albums have passed me by.

Listened to this online this morning and have to say I find it pretty disappointing, a thoroughly insipid affair. It sounds like and old man going through the motions.

Fairly recent albums like Blue Moon, Keep On Running and Truth were superb as were the 2 Renegade Creation albums but this new one isn't doing it at all for me.

I've been watching a fair bit of Matt Schofield online in the past week including full gigs that are still available to watch on the Iridium Jazz Club website. In comparison? Just superb, thoroughly recommend you take a look if you haven't seen them already.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8551
    I've had a couple of listens, I like it a lot, better than anything truth onwards IMO.
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited May 2015
    Huge RF fan here.. One of my all time top 3 gigs (warren point in the town hall mostly empty, 19.30 on a Friday night, End of the Truth tour). Didn't really get into the last couple of albums tbh but I was stuck in the car with only the Bringing it all back home album, and to be honest it started growing in me. Really like it now, haven't given the Nashville album the time it's due either... If he's on a different buzz on this record, even better. Tiger walk is to me, my "adult" Passion and Warfare. Weird as it is ha ha

Warrenpoint, Northern Ireland? 
    Yes, just Googled it and he played Warrenpoint in 2008.  That gig was a 5min walk from me and I totally missed it...I was knee deep in baby stuff at the time though so head wasn't into music back then...Can't believe it..

Anyway, Blues Festival starts here in a week so looking forward to that.  http://bluesonthebay.co.uk/
    Any Irish members here going to it?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4208
    Don't think he uses the Dumble anymore