Those Yamaha THR Thingies.......

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7599
    You have an iTrack dock and presumably then an iPad - get Jamup and BIAS. Awesomes.

(although I still love my THR10C) 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2028
    I like my THR 10 and I don't seem to struggle to get a decent sound out of it. But it is what it is - a desktop amp. I've no doubt a Tone King would be better...

By contrast, I thought the ID Core was an absolute pile of rubbish - hissy, sounded very digital - awful in every way. 

Haven't tried the Roland thing.

I'm surprised that people are surprised that everyone has a different view of them. It's pretty much the same with any gear. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8551
    edited April 2015
    TimmyO said:
    You have an iTrack dock and presumably then an iPad - get Jamup and BIAS. Awesomes.

Can't get on with Jamp Up at all, sounds very toy town to me.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8551
    John_P said:
    ^  +1    I had a microcube and hardly used it - looking back I mostly used an acoustic or electric unplugged when practising on the sofa.  In comparison, the thr gets daily use and sounds great.  The mc was a good little amp but there is something about the thr that makes it more useable.
    I've also had the regular microcube, the difference with the Cube Lite is that, like the THR, it has stereo full range speakers, so not trying to mimick a regular guitar speaker, but it also has a subwoofer, and I think this is what makes the difference - just tried the aux in for backing tracks and the Roland is way fuller sounding than the Yamaha.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7599
    dindude said:
    TimmyO said:

Can't get on with Jamp Up at all, sounds very toy town to me.
    Presume using decent headphones? I use my recording ones or Bose noise cancelling ones - I found starting from some of the better-rated ones on ToneCloud gave me better results than what I'd make from scratch. I think it's brilliant - better than Ampkit and Amplitube 
    Red ones are better. 
  • The blackstar id range are much better than the yahama models.
    Not the ID Core, surely?

The full ID amps, totally agree, but then they are a totally different thing.
  • Chuffola;585017" said:
    Not the ID Core, surely?

The full ID amps, totally agree, but then they are a totally different thing.
    I compared an id core 20 and 10 to the thr, preferred the blackstars.
    Weirdo.

:P
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I mean the id series not the core models
  • Still have not bothered with my axe fx2 for all of 2 weeks since getting the 15tvp
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4730

I'm selling my THR5A which is the acoustic model with Mic modelling, but since I sold my Yamaha silent guitar I don't really need it for acoustic.  It has one electric setting, but I need more versatility.

I wasn't blown away by the THR to be honest so I'm reluctant to go for the THR10, even though it ticks most of the boxes.  The problem is the Yamaha's seem to be the only amps that do 2 way audio with a PC.  So you have a record output but it acts as your soundcard so you can use the THR as a monitor speaker as well.  I don't have a separate soundcard for my laptop so this function is very handy.  Do any other amps operate in this way, or are they all USB record out only?

Looking at the Mustangs and Blackstars etc.