Matamp First Lady sound clips

strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2469
edited April 2015 in Amps
So I finally got around to buying an audio interface for my PC, and thought I'd record a a little clip of a couple of the tones the amp can produce.
Forgive the playing, I'm just noodling between adjusting things. Disclaimer: I don't own a decent set of studio monitors, so I've got the mic position so it sounds the same through my speakers as it does in the room.

I'm using a 52 Hot Rod Tele, initially neck then bridge pickup, and running a Nova System in the loop for a little reverb and delay. The amp is in EL34 mode. No post processing.

This next uses no external effects, on the 6V6 channel of the First Lady, and playing a Gibson SG with 57 classics in the bridge position. Again, no post processing.

Lastly using the same settings as the 6V6 clip, but in EL34 mode. Gibson SG again, first half is the bridge pickup, second half neck pickup.

Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Sounds great, nice to hear some Matamp as opposed to the usual generic brands. Not familiar with the First Lady though know its no longer in production ( i have a Minimat V2 and a C7) so will be checking out this model a bit more.

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2469
    I should say they're all recorded with an attenuator running
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • jedjed Frets: 28
    Hi mate, great sounding clips!!have you still got your First Lady?
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    The First Lady is very similar to the C7. The main departure is the output stage has a pair of valves that you can switch between. Although as a result the amp sounds s little different.

I'm working on a replacement. Probably should start a thread in the Made in UK section......