Rare, Unusual Custom Versions Of Pedals ??? What Are Yours ?

What's Hot
WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
I love the rare, limited editions of certain familiar pedals...

Anyone else own some unusuall ones ??? Here's two of mine, the red un incoming...

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/1dbf71d8a4fb4c3beb01f7ff99dfc6be.jpg

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q493/Warren3333/EQD Dispatch Master BB/EQDDMBB.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They don't interest me so much - they'll get stamped on just the same :) partly why I love boss pedals - pure functionality, and they relic better than custom finishes!

However, I do have a couple of pedals that are, as far as I know, complete (or near enough) one offs. Neither were made for me though - one is a prototype that never went production and the other is a custom @juansolo delay (that is utterly brilliant). Both I came across by chance, and will never let either go because they're both a fundamental part of my sound. I'd be sad if either broke as they'd be no replacement...

I'm planning on getting a couple more custom pedals from @juansolo. I want one of his muffs with a custom finish (he's quite the muff fanatic (lol) and has some of his own tweaks).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    My moby dick that is on the way is custom so it would be unique. 

I also have another custom order and that is the only pedal of its kind in existence (pics when I get it)

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzbox;585166" said:

I also have another custom order and that is the only pedal of its kind in existence (pics when I get it) 
    Is it wrong that I get excited whenever you or @gavhaus have a new pedal incoming?
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    I have a Chrome Belle Epoch!
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    meltedbuzzbox;585166" said:

Is it wrong that I get excited whenever you or @gavhaus have a new pedal incoming?
    nahhh

I do too :-)

but to be fair I rarely make npd posts. I should do some sound clips though and share some of the lunacy 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    Yes you should. Might be a while before I have another to be honest!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    edited April 2015
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
    MrSwanson;585179" said:
    I have a Chrome Belle Epoch!
    Tom, I was after the chrome BE when I found the Jap red one :)
    meltedbuzzbox;585166" said:

What custom finish you had then mate ?
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Funnily enough I was going to get both of those OP, but could not track down that red one and didn't want to pay £50 more for a paint job for the Dispatch Master.
    The red Jap Belle Epoch is exclusive I think to PGS, and I've just had the last one !

Likewise, the EQD DM was from Chicago Music Exchange - exclusive to them I believe.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    I owned one of these years ago, that's about it.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    They don't interest me so much - they'll get stamped on just the same :) partly why I love boss pedals - pure functionality, and they relic better than custom finishes!

However, I do have a couple of pedals that are, as far as I know, complete (or near enough) one offs. Neither were made for me though - one is a prototype that never went production and the other is a custom @juansolo delay (that is utterly brilliant). Both I came across by chance, and will never let either go because they're both a fundamental part of my sound. I'd be sad if either broke as they'd be no replacement...

I'm planning on getting a couple more custom pedals from @juansolo. I want one of his muffs with a custom finish (he's quite the muff fanatic (lol) and has some of his own tweaks).
    I do like me a nice big hairy muff ;)

As for one offs, most of these are one or two offs ;)

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    edited April 2015
    Also got one of these Dr S Bitquests:

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2015
    The red Jap Belle Epoch is exclusive I think to PGS, and I've just had the last one !

Likewise, the EQD DM was from Chicago Music Exchange - exclusive to them I believe.

Yup! Same places where I was going to order them from, the BP was out of stock last I looked a month ago...as for the Dispatch Master, the last pedal I got from CME is the limited EQD Cloven Hoof, took a month to get here. I try to avoid CME if I could unless it is an exclusive I really want. Their shipping is more than most other US stores, takes 4 times as long. They do have lots of unique exclusives though, like the new JHS Unicorn.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    My Bearfoot Honey Beeatch is #1 of 10 that Donner built to celebrate his 1st anniversary in business. Essentially a special edition of the Honeybee with a presence/treble knob and Myrold artwork. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    My Bearfoot Honey Beeatch is #1 of 10 that Donner built to celebrate his 1st anniversary in business. Essentially a special edition of the Honeybee with a presence/treble knob and Myrold artwork. 

and a nice tidy font !

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited April 2015

@Majorscale - a lovely pedal ! I had one of these too, no.7 i recall but madly stupidly sold it...

I think that they were part of the 22/2 release IIRC ?