What pedals do you have in your loop?

SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
edited April 2015 in FX
I'm thinking more band and model than type (as I'm assuming most have some form of delay and/or reverb).

I'm putting together a pedalboard at the min and trying to decide what I need loop wise.

Settings and style would be interesting too ...

EDIT:

In an ideal world it would seem that Strymon BigSky and Timeline would be ideal, but I feel that might be overkill.

DD3/DD7? What about reverb?

Should I be thinking of other things, like a looper? (all just for fun/practice at the minute).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4548
    edited April 2015
    I have 2 zoom ms's (100bt and 50g) for delay's and reverbs mainly an AC Tone for boosting them if needed
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26623
    Currently a Zoom MS70CDR, but that will most likely go in favour of a HoF and a cool delay (I'm thinking either a Digitech Timebender courtesy of Drew, or a Strymon El Cap or Brigadier).
    <space for hire>
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    In my loop last weekend:

Context reverb
    Nova repeater

Today
    neunaber slate
    Nova repeater

Next weekend
    Slate
    Flight time

Slate gives shimmer, chorus, reverb and freeze
    Flight time will give 3d delay apparently....
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Depending on the gig and board I use it's either a G system or a Nova system,  with a few drive pedals before the amp.    I actually think I prefer the nova as it so much quicker to tweak patches but both sound great.
    @teetonetal the slate has a freeze? inneresting
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

When I can be arsed to set-up my "bigboard" I have a digital delay (DD-6), analogue delay (Axle Grease) and boost (MXR Microamp) in  the loop.

My old board (Mostly Boss) had Phaser (PH-2), chorus (CE-5) Flanger (BF-2) and 2 delays (both DD-6) were all in the loop. Since changing to MXR's they don't play nicely in the loop of the DSL.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    Zoom G3. It does phaser, chorus, three different delays (slapback, mid-delay for solos and one long one for a particular song) and a boost for when I use a single coil guitar so I match the volume of the guitars with humbuckers. It's all on one patch so I can switch the effects in and out instead of having six different pedals.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5157
    Just delay and reverb in mine at the moment (Vox Delaylab and a Behringer RV-600 not-a-Verbzilla, whose days are numbered I reckon).

I have a flanger on my board too (BYOC Stereo Analog Flanger), but I prefer it pre-dirt. No, I don't play Van Halen.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

@DesVegas it's called infinity hold. I haven't used it yet so don't know how similar to ehx freeze it is..

Sounds like an excuse to test it.
    @teetonetal yes, yes it does .. i think the ehx freeze is a great effect and want one badly.. but if the slate can do it too .. then game on .. let me know .. does it latch the same way as the freeze?
    edited April 2015
    @DesVagas will do - will try tonight otherwise will be next week, but I will report back!

I think you can change the footswitch so that it is either momentary or latch...

check the video: 

Edit: quick look seems to say no, it does not latch, but if you get the exp expansion then you can do some funky stuff with an expression pedal (adds to the base cost of the slate though)... my exp is on order..
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Currently a Zoom MS70CDR, but that will most likely go in favour of a HoF and a cool delay (I'm thinking either a Digitech Timebender courtesy of Drew, or a Strymon El Cap or Brigadier).
    Yeah sorry dude, I'll ship that tomorrow!
  • vizviz Frets: 10699
    Just an Ibanez AD9 (keeley) and a Morley Little Aligator Volume.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    I have a Strymon Blue Sky and an Eventide Timefactor.
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    viz said:
    Oh, interesting - something I'd not considered. Presumably you're just using it as a straight "stage volume" control (rather than using it to alter volume into a distortion etc)?

• citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    Diamond ML Jr. & a Strymon Blue Sky
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    viz said:
    Oh, interesting - something I'd not considered. Presumably you're just using it as a straight "stage volume" control (rather than using it to alter volume into a distortion etc)?

Exactly, it's very transparent so I have it set at 80% minimum normally then toe it for the solos.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    TC Repeater, Zoom MS70 and EH memory toy in that order in the loop of my Mesa Ace combo. Alt rock, nothing too high gain. The Repeater's on quite often for some ambience in the form of modulated delay, the MS70 does the occasional spacey reverb and pitch shifting, and the Memory Toy is for washes of dirty thick echoes.
    @DesVegas

So i had a play with the infinity hold last night - there are two options to load, one with reverb and one without.
    switch does not latch so re-triggering the freeze requires a double tap. Shame that switch cannot be set to latch - might be worth suggesting for a future update, think that switch functionality is built in to the pedal though, so might take a v3 update :(
    switch can be set to add reverb with a long press, which is a nice effect.
    freeze applies to 200ms

Neunaber website has more info!

thanks for the research @teetonetal .. looks like the freeze is back top of the list