Joyo PXL Live/Strymon Favourite question?

What's Hot
Bron_Yr_AurBron_Yr_Aur Frets: 99
Can anyone cleverer than me tell me how I can use the two triggers on the Joyo PXL Live as a 'favourite' switch for my Strymon El Capistan please?

I've watched the video manual where he uses an insert cable to change amp channels/reverb etc. but can't for the life of me get it to work with my Strymon, which just uses a latched TRS connection as far as I'm aware...

I'm sure it can be done?

Ta.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17634
    tFB Trader
    As far as I'm aware no.

This was one of the contributing factors to my selling my El Cap and Flint. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As far as I'm aware no.

This was one of the contributing factors to my selling my El Cap and Flint. 
    Arseburgers.

I love my El Cap, and can't really be bothered with the hassle of midi and Timelines etc...
  • Shame. I use this feature on the Flint (via GigRig G2) all the time and it's so handy. 

You've tried using a mono/mono to stereo jack cable (ie a Y-cable) from both the relays to the El Cap, is that what you're saying?

Nothing to be scared of with the midi/Timeline FWIW, extremely simple and reliable...

• Shame. I use this feature on the Flint (via GigRig G2) all the time and it's so handy. 

You've tried using a mono/mono to stereo jack cable (ie a Y-cable) from both the relays to the El Cap, is that what you're saying?

Nothing to be scared of with the midi/Timeline FWIW, extremely simple and reliable...

Indeed. I got RobKabl to make me a lovely right angled Neutrik one and everything. I've set the triggers to latching and tried both polarity settings but it just doesn't seem to want to play ball!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    There doesn't seem to be much more than an LED and a resistor in there...

... although in series on an SPDT switch ...

You should be able to make up a lead with a suitable LED/resistor built in under some shrink wrap.
  • AbandonMuteAbandonMute Frets: 29
    edited April 2015
    You've set the El Cap up for use with a favourite switch right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Midi, Strymon and disaster area's products are a piece of piss to use. MIDI makes life so much easier :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • @steamabacus I don't think it should need the LED or resistor as it's just an indicator, and that's all in the Joyo switcher.

You've set the El Cap up for use with a favourite switch right?
    I have indeed, but good question. :)

Midi, Strymon and disaster area's products are a piece of piss to use. MIDI makes life so much easier :)
    *Browses FX classifieds (again)*
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Actually, MIDI functionality was the main reason why I sold my El Cap for the Timeline. Otherwise if the El Cap had the MIDI function included I would have kept as it's a great pedal
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • Well I think I've tried everything now, so it looks like a Timeline for me... :(

Thanks for your help anyway guys.
  • cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    Would it be related to the way strymon use the poles? Afaik it should be tip/ring & tip/sleeve.. While the Joyo could be sleeve/ring & sleeve/tip ?

Maybe if you try reversing the poles at one extremity of the cable to match that?
  • Bron_Yr_AurBron_Yr_Aur Frets: 99
    edited April 2015
    cbellanga said:
    Would it be related to the way strymon use the poles? Afaik it should be tip/ring & tip/sleeve.. While the Joyo could be sleeve/ring & sleeve/tip ?

Maybe if you try reversing the poles at one extremity of the cable to match that?
    Worth a go! Will report back. :) Before I open up your lovely cable @RobDavies, would you have any ideas? Also thanks as always for the fantastic cable, service, and postage refund! :)
  • Bron_Yr_Aur;590612" said:
    cbellanga said:

Worth a go! Will report back. :) Before I open up your lovely cable @RobDavies, would you have any ideas? Also thanks as always for the fantastic cable, service, and postage refund! :)

Any luck on tinkering with the cables?
  • martext said:
    Bron_Yr_Aur;590612" said:
    cbellanga said:

Any luck on tinkering with the cables?
    I'd appreciate some feedback on this as I've picked up a Sunset recently n would prefer some smart cabling or intermediary switching that would effectively simulate the switching action of the Strymon favourite -anyone ?