Looper/delay

What's Hot
SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
OK, been feeling the need for a looper or a delay with a bit of loop capability on it. Let's pretend I'm the stingiest bastard on earth and don't want to pay much more than £100 and preferably less... Hivemind Activate!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    edited April 2015
    Many delays with a loop functionality do not have the ability to have the delay running while the looper is active, which for me is pretty dull.

The Line 6 DL4 is an exception to this, but it only has an 11 second loop time. 
    Personally I prefer having a dedicated device for looping, and a different device for delay.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Thanks mate I am aware I might end up with 2 pedals here!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7804
    if you need a simple looper then the Jam Man solo express xt is great and can be connected to more loopers from the same range with the Jam Sync option.
  • You could do worse than something like a TC ditto and a digitech digidelay or boss dd-3. Should come under budget used, the digidelay is really rather good for not much money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • iseverynamegoneiseverynamegone Frets: 1576
    edited April 2015
    Flashback x4 lets you have delay running whilst in looper mode and it remains adjustable too on the fly whilst looping (40 secs iirc). Add in the tone print function and it's a good deal IMO.

Might stretch just beyond £100 to pick one up though.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    TC Flashback.
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Vox Delaylab
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    The DL4 and the delaylab both offer delay and looping at the same time if my memory is correct. They are both sub £100 used.

other than that if you are talking sub £100 @ThePrettyDamned has probably suggested the best alternative

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    TBH, I've had a DD7 and unless space is a problem, I'd go with theprettydamned's suggestion.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599

For loopers, I've been through Boss RC20-XL, TC Ditto, Jamman Solo XT and RC-3. Only one I've kept is the RC-3. I've also got a TC Flashback and a Boss DD7 which have looper functions built in which are fine for simple stuff but a dedicated looper that can store loops is more useful to me.

Big issue with the Flashback is that when in looper mode, the level control affects the level of your overall guitar sound AND the loop - not just the loop which makes it pretty useless as you can't set your loop volume to be lower than your guitar volume unless you turn your guitar volume down before recording the loop. The DD7 is better in this regard in that the level control only adjusts the loop volume so you can balance the sound levels better .

• Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    The Vox DelayLab does do looping with delay on the loops, plus about 20+ other delay options. I bought mine for £110 new.