Anyone here tried the Vox StompLab IIG ?

stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7150
edited April 2015 in FX
Just got given a £50 Amazon voucher and before my missus spends it on a friggin Toaster or some other rubbish.

Was considering one of these Vox units. They are about £70 ish update £56 on Amazon.

Looks like it will run off batteries and fit in my gig bag pocket. 

So could be good for jamming with my mates. As I tend to grab a guitar and walk over to a mates house at least once a week for an impromptu jam fairly frequently.

Any good sounds? Or is it all FX laden dross?

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    I believe it's the same as the stomp box modelling in a valvetronix, if so, it's ok at best. I'd get something else.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7150
    Fair enough.

Has anyone here actually owned one though?

Just would prefer a yay or nay based on actual use. 

Reviews on Youtube are all over the place and cannot find any well written reviews anywhere.

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    I have the litte one without the treadle. Sounds good but the power lead let me down in a gig.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    I have the litte one without the treadle. Sounds good but the power lead let me down in a gig.
    I was planning on using batteries if I got one. Less things to carry as I'm wanting something small.

Was it the power supply itself or the socket on the unit?

• vizviz Frets: 10699
    It was the socket. It was probably my fault - I kicked it and it had to reboot.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    It was the socket. It was probably my fault - I kicked it and it had to reboot.
    I see.

Not good live...

Cheers for the heads up though fella. Luckily I'm more into using it for jamming at friends houses an the odd bit of practise in the living room etc

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    edited April 2015

I had a go on one as a function band at wedding I was at had one that turned into an open jam type setup, and it sucked.

darcym said:

I had a go on one as a function band at wedding I was at had one that turned into an open jam type setup, and it sucked.

What sucked?

What didn't do it for you?