DELAY OPTIONS: Shall I replace my Catalinbread echorec & Belle Epoch?

What's Hot
StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 266
edited April 2015 in FX
Hello everyone. I have two Catalinbread delays on my board at the moment & I really like them both. However, I have been wondering recently if I'd be better off with a single pedal with some presets. I've heard nice things about the Empress & Free the Tone stuff, has anyone got any thoughts, recommendations or advice?

Peace

Matt
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Do you need the space or have a desire to have lots of presets?
    If you are happy with your lot I would stay put.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    Unless you need tap tempo, presets, midi control or a looper function, I wouldn't bother, plus 2 pedals gives 2 delay lines!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I think I'm just addicted to tinkering with my board. In reality I don't really need the extra functionality, so I'm going to listen to you two fellas. Thank you @meltedbuzzbox & @Teetonetal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I think you have 2 very good pedals mate so I would say its probably the best idea. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7803
    @StrummyBrummie now if only I could follow my own advise...,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Where's Gavhaus and his 'just buy a superdelay talk'?
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I'd stick with the catalinbreads tbh, they're VERY good. I went from a belle epoch and carbon copy to a strymon timeline and got bored of fiddling and tap tempo quite quickly and wished I had t got rid of the the simpler pedals. Stick with em dude!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Cheers @simonbeckwith I've put it out of my mind I think. I don't really have any use for all the extra knobs & whistles, & as you say the Catalinbread stuff is VERY good.
    Moss;592158" said:
    Where's Gavhaus and his 'just buy a superdelay talk'?
    I would be part of that band wagon too but its about what works. As a multi delay the empress is a beast but generally all most people use are a washy delay and something clean on the repeats.

I exclude gav from the most people statement :-p

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    No.