J Collingridge - a full report in progress.

What's Hot

Comments

• @TTony No doubt about who that is then!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danodano Frets: 1593
    In the depths of JCon history i recall he's been warned not to log back into the forum by the police or his ISP, and failure to follow that could be escalated to his ISP to disconnect him ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dano said:
    In the depths of JCon history i recall he's been warned not to log back into the forum by the police or his ISP, and failure to follow that could be escalated to his ISP to disconnect him ?
    Just what I was saying to a friend on Facebook who has been entertained by this case. He's complaining about the forum harassing him but he's now gone to the lengths of going through a totally different ISP to try to get in here. It's reasonable to say that he is now harassing the forum. 

When you put that in context alongside his ridiculous Basschat post trying to incite violence against himself and to blame it on the forum, then the police should find it easy to rule that he's a sodding nutcase. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Mods, it might be an idea to keep an eye out for any sign ups last night and over the course of this weekend from that IP address and/or from Areti Internet Ltd. 

mikebrad - mbradshaw99922@gmail.com signed up at 0255 today from that IP. 
    I lol'd !!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12373
    Heartfeltdawn;794262" said:
    dano said:

Just what I was saying to a friend on Facebook who has been entertained by this case. He's complaining about the forum harassing him but he's now gone to the lengths of going through a totally different ISP to try to get in here. It's reasonable to say that he is now harassing the forum. 

When you put that in context alongside his ridiculous Basschat post trying to incite violence against himself and to blame it on the forum, then the police should find it easy to rule that he's a sodding nutcase. 
    I would rather the police found it easy to rule that he's a serial scammer who deserves to have the book thrown at him. But hey ho, if he gets his internet service suspended and it takes him out of the game then that's still good news.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I assume all of the details you've got for JCon have been cross referenced with the following users:

Sambostar
    DaLefty
    Sibelius
    mgaw

I know... I know... Drew being a paranoid ass. But if I were going to ingratiate myself into a community in order to spy upon them for the purposes of committing fraud, I'd be pretty loud and antagonistic about it. It'd give me a good thrill to know how much I was pulling the wool over people's eyes.

Y'know... if I was a psycho...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11451
    Just a thought - can everyone see this AntiScam section?

If he joins with a new profile then could he view this thread?
  • Drew_fx said:

I know... I know... Drew being a paranoid ass. But if I were going to ingratiate myself into a community in order to spy upon them for the purposes of committing fraud, I'd be pretty loud and antagonistic about it. It'd give me a good thrill to know how much I was pulling the wool over people's eyes.

Y'know... if I was a psycho...
    Is there any community on the face of this planet where you wouldn't be loud? One day in your 80's you're going to join a lawn bowls club and turn up with a loudhailer for your first match :D

None of those people you mentioned are JC. Put it this way, MR Drew: I twigged that my mystery Ebay buyer "Jeff Roper" was JCon through four emails totalling under 100 words. He hasn't got the imagination to be DaLefty, the vocabulary to be  Sibelius, or the ginger pubes to be Sambostar. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited September 2015
    crunchman said:
    Just a thought - can everyone see this AntiScam section?

If he joins with a new profile then could he view this thread?
    No, it's just those that posted in the original CS thread, we've all got a role as "anti scam" in our profile. A new member won't have access to this sections.

Sssshhhh, it's a secret.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26601
    edited September 2015
    OK, I'm getting back on the case now after a busy week.

For what it's worth, that IP address looks like it belongs to a colocation company (ie they let people put their own servers in their datacentre). That would suggest that he's figured out how to go through a VPN service.

@TTony - any particular reason you didn't ban him?
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OK, I'm getting back on the case now after a busy week.

For what it's worth, that IP address looks like it belongs to a colocation company (ie they let people put their own servers in their datacentre). That would suggest that he's figured out how to go through a VPN service.

Yep. Not that it will do him much good with this nice hidden section. He's started putting some content back on his www.archography.com website which, going on past behaviour, that he feels more secure about things. Perhaps he assumes the threads are hidden because the police have been dispensing advice to us. 

I think a period of sitting on all the information is necessary again. 

• Just FYI - @matty has just been in contact from the TalkPhotography forums. J-Con has sent them some emails threatening legal action on the basis that he's "successfully brought Police action against The Fretboard". Of course, we know this to be bollocks, but it's a sign that he's warming up again.

He's also told the Basschat guys that the accounts and posts on there are not him at all, and actually someone from here impersonating him to fabricate evidence. Doesn't appear to understand how the Internet works. Hilarious.

In the meantime, we've sent the officer dealing with it all of the information we have, but he's not responding to us. I'm going to try calling him over the next few days to see what the score is, and I'll update this thread as soon as I have something.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @digitalscream I've had nothing from the police since that initial phonecall. Never emailed me, never called back. 

Just FYI - @matty has just been in contact from the TalkPhotography forums. J-Con has sent them some emails threatening legal action on the basis that he's "successfully brought Police action against The Fretboard". Of course, we know this to be bollocks, but it's a sign that he's warming up again.

Ah, I wondered what that was all about. Got to hand it to JCon, although he's a twat, he's a persistent twat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Just FYI - @matty has just been in contact from the TalkPhotography forums. J-Con has sent them some emails threatening legal action on the basis that he's "successfully brought Police action against The Fretboard". Of course, we know this to be bollocks, but it's a sign that he's warming up again.

He's also told the Basschat guys that the accounts and posts on there are not him at all, and actually someone from here impersonating him to fabricate evidence. Doesn't appear to understand how the Internet works. Hilarious.

In the meantime, we've sent the officer dealing with it all of the information we have, but he's not responding to us. I'm going to try calling him over the next few days to see what the score is, and I'll update this thread as soon as I have something.
    Back in business today by the looks of it. 

New source code, not a straight rip from his Archography site. Meta tags with all the usual guff about his photography hence it bumping up to number 1 so quickly. Unlike the Archography site, this site's source code doesn't appear to include any visitor tracking/Google Analytics etc. You'd think someone who had been as harassed (chuckle) as he claims to be would be tracking any and every visitor to his site. As Digi says, he really doesn't understand how the Internet works :D

Checking up through Nominet, he claims to be a non-trading individual (naturally) and it shows how recently he updated everything. Certainly explains why he's been pestering this and other forums over the last few weeks. 

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24322
    Face it guys - the police don't really give two shits do they.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I just had a look at the site. Just me, or can anyone actually see anything other than the front page with an email link? No content visible. I'm on a mobile.
  • boogieman said:
    I just had a look at the site. Just me, or can anyone actually see anything other than the front page with an email link? No content visible. I'm on a mobile.
    That's all that is up right now. 

• boogieman said:
    That's all it is :( 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7788
    there are loads of jcollingridge domains available - I wonder where the law stands in regard to buying a domain and just having a single page listing his misdemeanours ?

;)
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom