NPD - Strymon El Capistan

chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
Got delivered yesterday just before I left for rehearsal so I hooked it up had a bit of a play but not really tried many of the features out!

Any hints and tips, good settings?!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jellybellyjellybelly Frets: 755
    edited April 2015
    It's an undoubted star!! Couldn't be without it. I mainly use the 'single' mode as it's the most 'traditional', plus you can half/double speed it or active the looper with the ABC switch.

When using with a band, don't be afraid to roll that mix knob down to noon as it's a very 'wet' effect above that! The reverb on it is stellar. And holding down the tap button makes it feedback, but the volume can get out of control if you have the tape bias (a secondary setting) set anywhere near 'optimum'.

It's a deep pedal, don't expect to use it all and don't expect to learn the whole thing for at least a few months! It still surprises me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I personally absolutely love all things Strymon. Enjoy mate!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9554
    Just got one from Coda yesterday, when I picked up my new Geetar...

Ive owned one before, and the 'sound on sound' setting is unique in the pedal world imho. Take some time to really learn it, and don't forget to add the 'hidden' reverb.

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I've had a good play with it this evening, flicking through the different settings, love the sound on sound, and I like the infinite repeats when you hold tap. Great pedal, my favourite yet I'd say. It was the Flashback X4 until this.
  • therose789therose789 Frets: 467
    I absolutely love mine

I have my favourite switch set to a dotted eighth for that edgy sound. 

Then i generally leave it set like this for a nice washy sound:

Tape Head: Fixed 
    Mode: B
    Tape age: 10 o'clock
    wow flutter: 2 o'clock 

Generally i mess about with the repeats, mix and time live when i'm doing mad oscillation stuff but this is how it tends to start. 

Repeats: 1 o'clock 
    Mix: 12 o'clock 
    Time: i keep it about 11 o'clock but i tend to use the tap tempo.

I love the oscillation function when you hold down the tap tempo button. you can do some great stuff with it! 

I havent bothered going into the depths of holding both buttons down and using the extra controls, it sounds great as is! 

Im sure you will love this pedal, i think its a keeper for me!