Ive blown up my dano reel echo. Can anyone help

benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396

I was poking around inside mindlessly like an idiot.

Bang, smoke, smells and now it doesnt work. There's an absolute sea of IC chips in there so I'm assuming ive blown one of those. It passes signal, powers up and also engages but theres no effect.

I'm guessing its gone or that the fee to fix it would be more than buying one second hand. As its a cool enclosure I may just see if I can strip it and build a wild, crazy fuzz into it or something?

Anyways if you have some time on your hands and think you may be up to the job gimme a shout please. I did love this pedal and dont want it to be resigned to the scrap heap 

How very rock and roll
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    Unless it's blown something simple like the 5V regulator it's almost certainly going to be cheaper to buy another one than diagnose and fix it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Yeah I thought as much. Damn
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom