Band attire

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31592
    I'm happy to wear a suit when gigging, but only for scruffy boozer gigs.
    I won't wear one for wedding gigs because all the guests are. I like to avoid looking like a punter whatever the gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited May 2015
    I like to see a band that look like they have made an effort! Not just got up on stage in clothes they arrived in! Every band I've been in have taken the piss cos I bring my 'stage clothes' (usually on a hanger!). But my Dad is a cabaret singer so have grown up with that ethos!

Practically, you get sweaty lugging gear before the set. Aesthetically, you are putting on a show.

I like hats! It distinguishes band from audience and can become a trademark (James Bay?). Mind you, I look a right cunt in a hat so it doesn't work for me!

Matching outfits a la Hives is ace but can look 'Pontins' if you get it wrong! Jeans and T-Shirts is no effort at all!

Ask your wife/girlfriend/mistress/gay best friend/mum.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Totally agree @robwright :)
    robwright;645454" said:
    I like to see a band that look like they have made an effort! Not just got up on stage in clothes they arrived in! Every band I've been in have taken the piss cos I bring my 'stage clothes' (usually on a hanger!). But my Dad is a cabaret singer so have grown up with that ethos!

Practically, you get sweaty lugging gear before the set. Aesthetically, you are putting on a show.

I like hats! It distinguishes band from audience and can become a trademark (James Bay?). Mind you, I look a right cunt in a hat so it doesn't work for me!

Matching outfits a la Hives is ace but can look 'Pontins' if you get it wrong! Jeans and T-Shirts is no effort at all!

Ask your wife/girlfriend/mistress/gay best friend/mum.
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom