Digitech Trio, where in the FX chain

What's Hot
thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
Im GASing for one of these and I can see several dealers have started taking orders so I'm assuming that it won't be long before they are available.  This has got me thinking.  Where in a FX chain does it go, and as it picks up on the chords played if these are laden with effects would this affect the Trios ability to do its thing.

I suspect that I need to wait for it to come out and go play with one, but in the meantime, I'll take your thoughts.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    I'm interested too.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7815
    So assuming you are playing into a clean amp then I would put it last or at least near the end of the chain, else the drums and bass it generates are going to be effected.

Then as you develop your song you can still add effects/distortions etc to you guitar signal without affecting the Bass/Drum

If you want to add effects to the bass/drums then you can put it anywhere...

could also be interesting to hook it up with an A/B box if the Trio out put gets fed into a PA, then your guitar could gothrough the amp as normal,,,

Lots of options I think, just like a looper
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4162
    FX loop presumably, you don't really want the amp to add any drive I guess?
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2940
    edited April 2015
    Food for though there chaps.  Cheers.  Current Amp doesn't have a fx loop but I have a old Marshall valve state 8080 that does.  It needs a bit of TLC, but this could be the excuse I need to get it serviced and running again as it was a nice amp.