SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

# SOLD # SQ series Squire 1984 ooozing mojo !!

What's Hot
northern_guitnorthern_guit Frets: 56
edited October 2013 in Guitars £
This is one of those all too familiar " reluctant " sales !! 
I have however commited to something else so here we go. This is an SQ Squire. For those who don't know, these came after the JV Squires which are now sadly out of reach for most in terms of price. The SQ is Japanese and a replica of the 70's Fenders. They are superb to say the least !! 
This example has been used and has dings all over, nothing disasterous but they're there. It actually looks very very cool and as the title says ( so it must be true !! ), it's oozing mojo !! It plays beautifully, the frets have been stoned and crowned too. It has it's original trem arm included.Everything is as stock, no mods at all. It has a lovely weight, as in quite light and very resonant. It sounds amazing with a real bottom E spank with a little drive.
Funny thing with these SQs, they never seem to go up in price that much despite being revered, but they never go down either and they're definately a collectable so you'd never lose anything if re-sold. She's a beauty and I'm sad but there you go. 
I'm looking for £260 OVNO and can be collected from Cookridge, Leeds
imageimageimageimage
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Woof!

Total Bargeen - I have a Tele from the same period and it is utterly brilliant.

:)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Why thank you sir !! Never seen a Tele version, that must be super rare !!
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    edited October 2013
    Don't know about rare - I shall PM you some pics, so as not to clog up your sale here :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • Wish I was in Leeds .
    I never thought I'd say that.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oy cheeky monkey, besides having a football team of questionable quality, we have trees and inside toilets and some of us have computers and nice guitars !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2899
    Very nice strat that is.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • northern_guit;58396" said:
    Oy cheeky monkey, besides having a football team of questionable quality, we have trees and inside toilets and some of us have computers and nice guitars !!
    Even electrickery

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 922
    Lovely guitar, and cracking price. Anyone looking for a strat couldn't really do better in the cost to value to mojo stakes. GLWS
  • TheMozTheMoz Frets: 0
    p'med and possibly sold
  • Fingers crossed  you've sold it to some one who lives in London and doesn't like it.
  • Lol, for you, I kind of hope so but for the sake of reputation would hope if I can sort everything, I hope Mark loves it !! The bad news is, he'sin Sunderland. That's even North for me !!
  • luscombeluscombe Frets: 155

Had a couple of these - they're lovely guitars. Both of mine were '84 models, in white with maple necks(with a pencil written date on the heel of the neck). They were building JV Strats up to '84, so the '84 SQ's probably shared the JV production line and consequently the high build quality of the JV's.

Good luck with the sale.

Regards

Jeff

• Lovely guitar and a bargain to boot. One question though; will the mojo wipe off okay once it's finished oozing? I can't stand getting that stuff on my fingers.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lol, well unfortunately the mojo wipes but keeps oozing, gonna have to live with it !!
  • Cheers Jeff, appreciate that !!
  • EvildurkaEvildurka Frets: 351
    So has this sold???
  • TheMozTheMoz Frets: 0

yes we are sorting details out now

cheers

mark

• Yes what Mark said !!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5073
    Thank goodness, so I don't have to look at pics of that large headstock any more!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Aw man, does it offend you ? He he