Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

oh dear look whos back in business.....

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    Couldn't you have linked the info without publishing the other blokes email?

He might not want it thrown around forums. On the other hand he probably couldn't care less...

He's on Musicground's mailing list. How much worse could it get? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Did anyone click 'unsubscribe?'.
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    edited October 2013

I do like the term I came across in London for any vintage instrument that had the slightest question mark over its authenticity.

"Smells northern"
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    edited October 2013
    fretfinder;58931" said:
    Can't be the UK Richard Henry who is a respectable guitar dealer.
    Beaten to it!

http://www.richardhenryguitars.com/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bigdawgbigdawg Frets: 51
    All changed - and as it happened the guy that sent it to me Mr R Henry - resident of USA! - didnt know how his email was on his mailing list!  Hes unsubscribed too...

But back to the case in point this guitar purporting to be JPs original strat (with the wrong neck as it turns out) - was bought in 1979?!?!  Good to see the Harrisons are still trying to defraud people...
  • You've got to love the way this one is set up. Intonation?

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7791
    In my experience, unsubscribing from a Music Ground mailing list will have no effect whatsoever . . .
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    They're like some evil zombie thing that just won't die no matter how many times you kill it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    http://www.denmarkstreetonline.co.uk/categories/394/London-Vintage-Guitars/ ;   how on earth is this guy still allowed to trade guitars?  why is this shop clearly active, yet his company shows as "dormant" with Her Majesty. 

So is "Hanks", the shop I knew as "Andy's" for years a Harrison run shop? 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    edited March 2018
    ESchap said:

bigdawg said:

Guys RHenry is a guy in the US who gave me the link for the email - This has nothing to do with R Henry Dealer in the UK!

Lol!  What's in a name ....  

A magazine client of ours left out a middle initial of a dog breeder by mistake years ago so the negative story they wrote was in effect libelous as there was another breeder with the same name.  The final bill was over £250,000 with the legal costs!!

EDIT - Just realised I was talking to someone in the past...
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited March 2018
    I once met a guy at a party 15 years ago who talked me through the simple process of making a 1962 Strat. He was a former MG employee and he said he made loads in the late 80’s when a Vintage Strat was £3K.

I wouldn’t go near a guitar or amp that’s been in their orbit. Wasn’t there a legal case with The Hives where they found out the transformers in their vintage Hi-Watts were brand new ?