New Gibson headstock shape

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited April 2015
    Hmm I remember this, it was up for over 4k before,.... When will people learn just because it's rare, does not mean it's worth more, I learned that the hard way many moons ago!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Hertz32;613613" said:
    Surprised none of you have moaned about how it has too many strings yet. That seems to be the first thing you lot pick up on if I ever post a guitar!
    Goes without saying, mate!
    ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    stuagu said:
    It's a complete lump of poo isn't it?
    Aesthetics aside, if it was made by Roger Giffin it's probably an exceptional instrument...
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5517
    edited April 2015
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    It's actually a still-frame photo of a dynamite-laced Les Paul headstock in the middle of exploding.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    edited April 2015
    Also, Alex Gregory is a grade-A loser. To quote Stephen Fry, "a bad joke, and not even a very good one".
  • Never heard of him before but seems like he's autistic, right?
    edited April 2015
    Never heard of him before but seems like he's autistic, right?
    What is certain is that he's completely delusional. Whether that is linked to any mental health issues is not known.

He has had some cool guitars - I do really like his 7-string Fender Strat. Shame he acts like a dick and can't play.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    sinbaadi said:

great game!

I have never heard of this chap before but after seeing some of his playing on youtube, and reading this on his website he clearly has some real issues. 

Believes he was the inventor of the 7 string solidbody and his patent has been the main reason Fender has never produced a 7 string strat.

British born but speaks with an Austrian Accent (I presume he sees this as helping his cause of being a classical composer???)

His solo album artwork is a photo of him pissing on the graves on Malmsteen and Vai. Please someone tell me he is just joking?? :)

Here is a cut and paste from his Biography on his website , its truly hilarious and pure delusion, Gibson and Fender should be ashamed to made him an endorsee!

British composer, multi-instrumentalist virtuoso and inventor Alex Gregory was born into a family of 6th generation musicians and visual artists. 

Gregory graduated from the University of Milan as a Classical Composer and was titled "Maestro" by H.M. Queen Elizabeth II Government in 1983. 

Impressed by electric guitarists like Ritchie Blackmore, Allan Holdsworth, Jan Akkerman and others, the young composer found himself to be far more of a Rock 'n' Roller than he could have ever conceived during his many years of strict studies. 

This strong Rock element in conjunction with Alex's love for the ancient melodies of Britain, popularized by virtuoso mandolinists, and the knowledge gained at college of orchestral instruments and orchestration led to the invention of the 7 STRING STRATOCASTER (Gregory was issued with the only two patents ever issued on the 7 STRING ELECTRIC GUITAR!) and a Signature deal with Fender Musical Instruments in 1987. 

The top A on the 7 String Stratocaster allowed Gregory to duplicate very complex violin parts, and, together with the further inventions of the "Heavy Metal Mandolin" and the "Piano Guitar", in 1991 the young Maestro recorded "PAGANINI'S LAST STAND" for Priority Records/CAPITOL. 

"PAGANINI'S LAST STAND" was released in 1992 and became quickly a "must have" collector's item, so much so that by 1996 it had reached GOLD STATUS in Japan, as a bootleg, leading to a publishing deal in that country with VERGIN/EMI and the official release by FANDANGO RECORDS in 1997. 

Fifteen years after its original release, PAGANINI'S LAST STAND remains an underground legend throughout the world. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlukkyPlukky Frets: 282
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @Plukky that was a very interesting read!