Good day for tickets..

What's Hot
rlwrlw Frets: 4740
Rhiannon Giddens at Islington Assembly Rooms and Pokey La Farge at the same place,  May and June dates.  Plus the Unthanks at the Union Chapel in December.

And EC tomorrow night.
Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    If EC is Clapton then I've heard of one of those acts, if it's not then I know none, I'm pretty old :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    I saw the Unthanks once, they were on Later recently as well. That thing they did with the brass band about the pigeon ( I'm not making this up, honest) was brilliant although I generally find them a bit too low key for my tastes.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    What I've heard by The Unthanks has been wonderful. You've reminded me that I'd intended to check them out more thoroughly.

The reviews I've read of EC's New York shows have been highly complementary.

Money was too tight for me to get down to the Albert Hall. I'd have loved to have gone.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16303
    This is the thing about the pigeon by the Unthanks ( very hard not to think about the Lovely Girls competition in Father Ted when I look at them):
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24853
    EricTheWeary;632039" said:
    This is the thing about the pigeon by the Unthanks ( very hard not to think about the Lovely Girls competition in Father Ted when I look at them):

Featuring the Brighouse and Gastric Band - a group of brass players who wish to loose weight....
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Good work. The Unthanks stuff I've heard has been brilliant. Pokey Lafarge I like what they do, not sure I could stick a whole gig, but they could be great.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    Apparently the King of Rome is based on a true story http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_of_Rome
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4740
    Google Rhiannon Giddens - you may well be impressed.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.