The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• scrumhalf said:
    SA had their reserve wicketkeeper fielding at short leg. Hmmm...

It used to be the case that substitute fielders couldn't field close in.

Seems small fry when the umpires didn't take out a bowler who delivered two balls over waist height...

Great test match though, really pleased with the 2nd innings fight back even if the test match was lost.  Early days but the opening partnership of Sibley and Burns had some things to be excited about. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11296
    Another classy batting performance, making the case for four-day tests.

231-8.  :p
  • Mark Nicholas' commentary makes it difficult to enjoy watching the sport.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    scrumhalf said:
    Another classy batting performance, making the case for four-day tests.

231-8.  :p
    I blame the introduction of DRS for the demise of test cricket.  Its too easy for a batsman to be given out LBW as they have to play at a lot more balls which in turn creates more catching chances.  Then there is the duke ball, which does a lot more for bowlers, but is only used in the UK.  Then there is the condition of the wicket.....

Surprising that test cricket still manages to put on a show........

Mark Nicholas' commentary makes it difficult to enjoy watching the sport.
    : oleaginous

1.rich in, covered with, or producing oil; oily.
    "fabrics would quickly become filthy in this oleaginous kingdom"

2.exaggeratedly and distastefully complimentary; obsequious.
    "candidates made oleaginous speeches praising government policies"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14253
    tFB Trader
    Mark Nicholas' commentary makes it difficult to enjoy watching the sport.
    I agree - But 11 men who are meant to know how to hit a ball are making it very hard to get excited as well
  • Jimmy to bat at 10 - could make a world of difference.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11448
    Pietersen might be even more annoying than Nicholas.  I didn't think that was possible.
    tFB Trader
    Not a bad response from England - I was fearing something like a 250-3 response and a big 1st innings deficit - So wrap it up early on Sunday lads and see if we can put a decent 2nd innings together 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Slow 'n' steady to day but getting there - Boycott would love this approach - Hope we have enough time left to bowl them out, as and when required - Come on guys and let's see the series move to 1-1
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    Slow 'n' steady to day but getting there - Boycott would love this approach - Hope we have enough time left to bowl them out, as and when required - Come on guys and let's see the series move to 1-1
    Yep, would do Rooty the world of good to get this one put away, got a battle on to skittle them on this dying wicket though.

Yep, would do Rooty the world of good to get this one put away, got a battle on to skittle them on this dying wicket though.

Unless they are bowled out sooner, England should have four and a bit sessions to bowl them out.  If SA have been in the field for 2 days, their top order batsmen might not be at their best.
    tFB Trader
    Probably not ideal for Stokes to start at 8.30 tomorrow against the new ball - But the positive is that him and Jos don't have the same pressure on them, with a healthy lead to work with, so can play a more expansive game asap and get that lead up to 400 plus shortly after lunch - Hence 4 'n' a half sessions to bowl SA out
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    i went to the gym this morning and watched the test on my mobile. By the time I had finished 50 minutes later, Sibley had added 2 runs. Love it.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    tFB Trader
    i went to the gym this morning and watched the test on my mobile. By the time I had finished 50 minutes later, Sibley had added 2 runs. Love it.
    I hope he gets the 100 now - Foundation is there - Bet he wishes he'd got there today - Wonder how he'll sleep tonight and no doubt nervous first thing tomorrow - Best wishes to him
    tFB Trader
    Bit quicker this morning
    Was this the ground Stokes got his 258 on?
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Was this the ground Stokes got his 258 on?
    it was. Completely different wicket though, the 258 wicket was an absolute road (Bairstow and Temba Bavuma also got their highest scores on it) 

That knock this morning from Stokes was effortless
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    Jimmy getting that wicket just before close of play could make it a very interesting day tomorrow.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30916

It’s a little known fact but all of the 'Cricket 100' coaches have also previously served as Star Fleet officers on the Starship Enterprise at some point in time

Fact.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom