The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14229
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    camf said:
    Any thoughts on where might be a good place to watch this in London if you don’t have a ticket for the game? Any big screens going up?
    can't help on that - A couple of mates have suggested we go to the pub - Fine for a 90 min came of football - Crazy idea for 8  or 9 hours

I bet you can find a fan zone and get some good atmosphere
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Getting excited - Sofa booked from around 10am onwards
    build up starts at 9 Mark :) I'm on it early I love the build up to sporting events. For the Champions League final a few weeks ago, my Polish girlfgriend had some friends over who just like to drink vodka (not being stereotypical, really) But they start on the vodka early and it was about 5pm. I was wasted before kick-off. Shall not be doing that at 9am thank fully haha!

I assume with the C4 coverage it will just be a direct stream from the Sky footage (in which case Mark Nicholas will be there)
    I've got to get some walking in first with the dog , so probably 10am for me - But yes I like the build up etc

One thing I love about cricket is the catch up with all the old pros - Saw a great chat/interview with Steve Waugh the other day - And A. Border a few days earlier in the tournament 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    In front of the HD TV, with surround sound up loud, plenty of cider and BBQ simmering on the patio, that's the best place for me.

tFB Trader
    In front of the HD TV, with surround sound up loud, plenty of cider and BBQ simmering on the patio, that's the best place for me.
    Probably going to put a 2nd Telly in the room, so I can keep an eye on the Wimbledon final at the same time - Sound down on that one - Can't be bothered with the F1 GP
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I haven't been more excited for a cricket match since the eve of the 2005 Ashes series. I've been working on orders all day to ensure tomorrow is completely free. (Sunday tends to be one of my more productive days) Fridge is stocked up. 
    I'm a tad nervous - I have this image of Trent Boult left arm making the most of the Lords slope, or Guptill finally turning up at the tournament, when it matters most.
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    Morning all. This is it, it's the day of days, England are in the World Cup final in the form of their life and favourites to win against a team they dismantled just a short while ago...but...as we all know, cricket is a funny old game and a mis-timed batting stroke here, a dropped catch there, bowlers getting line & length wrong on the day can quickly and easily turn things against you.

It's a shame more people don't get into cricket, if this was football the nation would be at fever pitch. I'm so excited but my wife and many at work look at me like I have gone mad.

I'm going to clean the car and cut the lawn and be in the hot seat for 10:00. The phone is going off and my bloody Mum & Dad better not bother thinking of paying a visit!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SouthpawMarkSouthpawMark Frets: 620
    I played cricket yesterday for the first time in 12 years (65 runs, and one SIXTEEN ball over). If I can make it downstairs I’ll watch it on the sofa, but if I’m too stiff I’ll watch it from my boudoir. Early indications suggest said boudoir is favourite for viewing location. Wifey is going out all day, so zero risk of interruptions. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I played cricket yesterday for the first time in 12 years (65 runs, and one SIXTEEN ball over). If I can make it downstairs I’ll watch it on the sofa, but if I’m too stiff I’ll watch it from my boudoir. Early indications suggest said boudoir is favourite for viewing location. Wifey is going out all day, so zero risk of interruptions. 
     =) 

edited July 2019
    Just poured a Rekorderlig passionfruit cider into a large glass with ice, to try and settle the nerves. Is it too early? 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Just poured a Rekorderlig passionfruit cider into a large glass with ice, to try and settle the nerves. Is it too early? 
    If you have to ask if it’s too early then we can never be friends 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I made it downstairs!! Cup of tea first, then will break out the special occasion gin. 

Toss time.... NZ win and will bat! 
    The toss was vital. No chance of England winning today. Oh well, there’s always 2023. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If you have to ask if it’s too early then we can never be friends 
    Well, the horse has bolted now, now heading back to the fridge to get another.... =)

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    I'm not sure so about the toss.  IMO, a good one to lose. 

I'm in London and the sky is very overcast, England did a very good job chasing and they'd back Roy/Bairstow to set up another good chase. 

Guptill at the crease in these conditions will be very nervy. 
    Here we go....

God's speed to the ball as it leaves Woakes, Archer & Wood's hands, may it travel wibbly wobbly, seam and swing!

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    C'mon England!!!! 
    edited July 2019
    England's record at Lords isn't great and it always seems to be a pitch England struggle to bowl well on, they can't let the NZ openers off the hook. They need an early wicket to lift the spirits, somehow, some way

Ooh, nearly! Good review by NZ

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4670
    Great review 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    Guptill looks up for it.