Where do you go for guitar news?

What's Hot
When I first picked up a guitar, the one and (essentially) only source of info, tutorials, announcements, reviews, etc. were print magazines, complete with exciting cover discs. They still exist - but now so do the internet, mobile apps and e-magazines...

So what are your go-to sources for the latest in the world of guitar/bass?

(apart from theFB, natch)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    Good question that. 
    I tend to go on Youtube these days for reviews and information: Primaxe, Andertons, Pro Guitar Shop, etc.
    Much as I'm narked at MR for buggering up their forum their reprints of guitarist reviews are good for a read. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I find Facebook is quite good .. I simply connect to the major manufacturers and resellers which then keep me in the loop. I have no need to read Guitarist magazine these days.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33848
    Facebook.
    It used to be Harmony Central until it decided to suck.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Facebook and YouTube. If there's something new Andertons or PGS will have a vid, and I follow a few manufacturers on Facebook.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17673
    tFB Trader
    It's no wonder all the guitar magazines are in the shit really.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    It's no wonder all the guitar magazines are in the shit really.
    Print media as a whole. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    I have a digital sub to Premier Guitar
  • I'm still a hard copy Guitarist reader. I don't want to sit up to a desktop PC to read a magazine, either do I want to buy electronics to read what is easier to see on paper. Screens f*ck with my eyes after a while ('after a while' being defined for screens as less than 'after a while' means for print on paper). I like reading in bed, I also like reading while slacked out on the settee with the cat on my chest.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    Mumsnet
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11354
    I'm still a hard copy Guitarist reader. I don't want to sit up to a desktop PC to read a magazine, either do I want to buy electronics to read what is easier to see on paper. Screens f*ck with my eyes after a while ('after a while' being defined for screens as less than 'after a while' means for print on paper). I like reading in bed, I also like reading while slacked out on the settee with the cat on my chest.
    Yes, and it's much easier to read on the bog as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    I went to MR. Now I come here, there's usually something around of interest. But I haven't bought any guitar mags for ages. Or any other mags that have goodies to buy in them. It stops me getting gas. Actually I haven't bought anything other than strings for long time now. Well, alright I did buy that Hurricane, but to be fair I did sell the Hellcat prior to that, as I pointed out to Mrs C, who was giving me evils when I got it home.

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'm not really into gear and such.

Maybe when I can afford to be...
    My V key is broken
  • I tend to follow all the manufacturers/artists I'm interested in on Twitter. Seems a very quick way of hearing about new things and also a great way of communicating back. 

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3595
    I keep up with the latest technology, I even have a transistor amp now! (Not entirely true - its a valve state). 

Not that interested in what latest marketing ploy the biggies have incorporated into a re-hashed version of what they have been making for 50+ years.

Phil S. Stein 

:|
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Wait...!

There's News about guitars? Aren't we all still fixated on guitar designs from the 50's and 60's, and "new" features like Bigsby whammy bars?

Why would we need news?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Myranda said:
    Wait...!

There's News about guitars? Aren't we all still fixated on guitar designs from the 50's and 60's, and "new" features like Bigsby whammy bars?

Why would we need news?
    You are right to a point (your post describes me accurately enough), but there are changes (I won't say advances) in electronics that some are attracted by. Me, I'm still wedded to 1950s electronic technology as well, but there are some who like geranium or silicon in their electronics and still others who like digital circuits ... and it's not impossible for them to get nice noises out of this stuff too, so I think there is deffo News about new technology for some of us to get excited about, and for the rest of us, news about who has just put yet another boutique rehash of 1950s technology onto the market at 2013 prices that most of us can't afford 'cos we either haven't had a pay rise since 2007 or are considering ourselves lucky to be employed at half the rate we got ten years ago and are now having to drive 5 times as far to get to the job ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself