Frusciante fans

DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3914
edited May 2015 in Music
John's in his own little world at the moment. I'd like to think he's an eccentric, extremely well off and in a position to be able to do this. Or is it something else? http://www.nme.com/news/john-frusciante/85706
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Some of his guitar stuff is great, his electronic stuff is generally shite. The Trickfinger stuff he released not long ago borrows so heavily from people like Aphex Twin etc it's laughable, the most dated and uninspired electronic music I've heard, yet he goes on about being creative. He can afford to do as he wants and I always have a passing interest but he's a very very average electronic musician.
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72493
    I didn't know he's going to be on the new Duran Duran album, that should be more worthwhile.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3914
    ICBM said:
    I didn't know he's going to be on the new Duran Duran album, that should be more worthwhile.

Nile Rodgers too, so definitely worth a listen potentially.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3914
    Some of his guitar stuff is great, his electronic stuff is generally shite. The Trickfinger stuff he released not long ago borrows so heavily from people like Aphex Twin etc it's laughable, the most dated and uninspired electronic music I've heard, yet he goes on about being creative. He can afford to do as he wants and I always have a passing interest but he's a very very average electronic musician.

I didn't mind letur-lefr or PBX zone but Enclosure went too far for me. I'm a weirdo Niandra Lades fan so appreciate the off the wall stuff but this stuff is just a noise to me.