Went to see Swervedriver last night!

freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1211
edited May 2015 in Music
I don't get out to gigs very often these days but a chance to see Swervedriver promoting their great new LP was too good to miss. I made the long and arduous trek up the A140 to Norwich Arts Centre where I, along with 100 or so others (mainly blokes of a certain age!) witnessed a blistering set. I last saw them in 1994 and whilst age has taken a bit of a toll (Adam Franklin's dreads have been replaced by a cap and a beard, the bass player has been entirely replaced by the bloke from Supergrass, the drummer had consumed all of the rider and was sporting a worryingly Bobby Charltonesque haircut) they still made a glorious racket. I was right at the front (and took great care not to be associated with the bloke in the middle who played air drums throughout) and my ears are still ringing. I wish I was articulate enough to express how great it was. Here are some pics:
Adam fails to shake off the shoegazer tag!
I grabbed Adam's setlist at the end. Hang on I'm 47!

Link to my trading feedback
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• historyisjunkhistoryisjunk Frets: 500
    Pleased to see someone else likes them & glad you had a good time. I must confess I'm not that keen on most of the new album, but I'm jealous. They were in Glasgow just last week & I'd have liked to have seen them a lot- being a male of a certain age too....
    I've been to a gig at Norwich Arts Centre & it's a very nice venue, so should have been a great night. I've got a lot of their old stuff & one of my favourite songs (by anyone) is Laze It Up on the Sandblasted EP

Hope bassist Steve George will be back soon (I gathered from the web he wasn't well, but could be wrong about this & no offence to the guy from Supergrass).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2890
    Wow mega jell :)

Nice to these guys getting some love, great player he just murders that jazzmaster !
  • funkyfrazfunkyfraz Frets: 93
    Bandmate went to see them in Glasgow, said it was absolutely mind blowing. He in an earlier band toured with them, and was a fan even before then. 
  • I went to Nottingham to see them a few weeks back, nice gig. First saw saw them in Hull in 1991/2. Never Lose That Feeling would be up there on my all time list.