SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dimarzio Air Norton humbucker *sale withdrawn*

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2643
    edited July 2015
    Thanks for the bump @ab2014, although you have probably put off anybody who was considering buying it. Have your 'picky ears' heard an Air Norton in the neck position on an Ibanez and if so what is your assessment of the sound? I'd like to know before I burn it in petrol as I didn't have your expert insight when I bought it. Damn my ineffective ears that thought it sounded great in my RG470.

Sale withdrawn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ab2014ab2014 Frets: 89
    edited July 2015
    No need for cheap sarcasm. Would you have preferred me to not justify my opinion to DefaultM when being quoted. Maybe the mods can delete mine and DefaultM's post for you. 

I think my opinion is valid and I have heard and used a Air Norton in the neck position. Very tight and fluid with high gain where some neck pickups become woolly My intent was not to sabotage your thread. 

To answer your question I've enough years of guitar playing experience to define "expert insight". The Air Norton is also a fine pickup in a Bridge position should anyone require a slightly hotter and more mid focused to match with a vintage style neck pickup. Before you burn it just list it on eBay and you'll get £35-40 for it any day of the week. 

In addition for the record. Pole to Pole F-Spaced Dimarzio's are 51.05mm, and 48.64mm Dimarzio regular spacing. Other brands differ in their pole spacing specifications. 

Maybe you should consider why the pickup hasn't sold on here in nearly 2 months. Limited audience perhaps?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    I've had problems of high end attentuation even with pickups where the high E perfectly aligns with the polepiece and had no problems with pickups where they didn't align at all. So I doubt one example is conclusive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom