Game of Thrones

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    JerkMoans said:
    Jalapeno said:
    Nah - they're definitely coming down the A1 .... ;)

Ep. 3 is going to be pretty crappy if they stop off and sack Peterborough. 

Satisfying, but dull.
    How could you tell?
    There would be less traffic on the A1139...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ColsCols Frets: 7034
    DannyP said:
    Just watched the Ep 3 trailer and I agree as mentioned above, all is not as it seems, are the dead really at Winterfell? Where are the Dragons, alive and the dead one? No fighting was shown at all so I think we're in for a surprise.
    But when Tormund and Beric turned up at Winterfell, they said they had to go around, and overtake, The Dead on their way from the whole "Little Lord Umber Mural" scenario at the The Last Half.

So as we speak, The Dead are still north of Winterfell, heading south towards them, surely?
    I'm assuming "the North" is wide enough that some of them could go around Winterfell without going through Winterfell.

Isn't the whole country/territory/area meant to be at least as big as England?
    Much bigger I think: one month's travel from Kingslanding to Winterfell

from the map I have seen, the main road south from the wall passes a long way east from Winterfell
    Hopefully the Night King carried on down the M1
    Well off the main road is a pretty terrible strategic location for a castle.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Cols said:
    DannyP said:
    Just watched the Ep 3 trailer and I agree as mentioned above, all is not as it seems, are the dead really at Winterfell? Where are the Dragons, alive and the dead one? No fighting was shown at all so I think we're in for a surprise.
    But when Tormund and Beric turned up at Winterfell, they said they had to go around, and overtake, The Dead on their way from the whole "Little Lord Umber Mural" scenario at the The Last Half.

So as we speak, The Dead are still north of Winterfell, heading south towards them, surely?
    I'm assuming "the North" is wide enough that some of them could go around Winterfell without going through Winterfell.

from the map I have seen, the main road south from the wall passes a long way east from Winterfell
    The realm protected by fortifications at the strategic sites of Sandbach, Norton Canes, Gordano and Watford Gap.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Cols said:
    DannyP said:

Edward I would disagree with you.

For reference see Harlech, Conwy, Beaumaris, Caernarfon etc..
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11934
    Cols said:
    DannyP said:

The book was written by an American I think
  • ColsCols Frets: 7034
    Cols said:

Edward I would disagree with you.

For reference see Harlech, Conwy, Beaumaris, Caernarfon etc..
    Sure, Edward I with castles was like HarrySeven with guitars.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11934
    I'd like to see the plot twists if the dead head south, bypassing Winterfell
    Why should the night king attack them if they all have dragonglass weapons? Would he know that?

Who would chase the dead south?
    Jon Snow I guess, but who else would feel like it? Dany to save her subjects?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited April 2019
    Ep 3 review: too dark, much stabby.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12400
    edited April 2019
    Feck

Edit amended due to my morning potty mouth!
    Whats lacking in game of thrones is leadership - who organised either side, what a cock up of a battle.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7473
    Utterly epic

PSA: if your telly has a brighter picture mode, consider switching it on 
    Red ones are better. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    TimmyO said:
    Utterly epic

Absolutely- it was utterly unwatchable in parts.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    TimmyO said:
    Utterly epic

Absolutely- it was utterly unwatchable in parts.
    About 30 seconds in I paused and cycled through my picture modes - one of them was WAY better suited 
    Red ones are better. 
    But also FUCKING EPIC 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1951
    Really? I think this season has been terrible so far.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2019
    Schnozz said:
    I think a little its suffering from Lost syndrome, not nearly as bad but the endy stuff could never be as clever as the potential in your mind.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1951
    edited April 2019
    munckee said:
    Schnozz said:
    I think a little its suffering from Lost syndrome, not nearly as bad but the endy stuff could never be as clever as the potential in your mind.
    I think Jamie Lannister should have died when he charged that dragon, to shock the viewers and keep them guessing - For me that's where the series lost it's credibility.

I think series 8 has just been a lot of back-patting, reflection and this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvjedZ8sDps
    Whether they die or they miraculously don't, I guess it eats up the minutes if you don't have a book/script. 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6265

Just watched. I've got a good TV, set up properly on optimal calibration. The show is too flipping dark, so many parts where I sat there and could see virtually naff all. In the end, I darkened the room and it was a bit better.

At last, an episode that lived up to expectations. So far, S8 has been very dull and overly drawn out. At least this episode was better. Some good deaths, and a couple of surprises, not least the heartwood scene, which I wasn't expecting to play out like that. Not as good a battle as battle of the bastards though.

I think they will need to get the decorators into Winterfell though.

Snap said:

Just watched. I've got a good TV, set up properly on optimal calibration. The show is too flipping dark, so many parts where I sat there and could see virtually naff all. In the end, I darkened the room and it was a bit better.

At last, an episode that lived up to expectations. So far, S8 has been very dull and overly drawn out. At least this episode was better. Some good deaths, and a couple of surprises, not least the heartwood scene, which I wasn't expecting to play out like that. Not as good a battle as battle of the bastards though.

I think they will need to get the decorators into Winterfell though.

They will never get those stains out.  I do think it was deliberately dark and similar to BOB is supposed to convey the chaos of battles and to show the perspective that most have no idea what is happening.

The tactics of both sides were awful, particularly Jon Snow who once again showed as much battle nous as a pee'd up pub fighter.

I was hoping for a few more deaths but timewise there is still as much time left as the original star wars trilogy nearly to close the story!