Amp or Amp Sim

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• MaxiMaxi Frets: 13
    edited October 2013
    You might be able to get a more realistic amp tone by using a d.i 'ed amp head but it just depends on how good the speaker / mic emulation is .
    I recon if your going to emulate one part you might as well emulate the whole . That Joyo sounded pretty good . More dirt tends to sound less authentic I.M.E theres something about a piece of cardboard flapping about :) Smoothing out the harshness of the top end I expect .
    Flown the nest .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • In my experience the DI's from amps sound awful. Amplitube 3 is what I sue for all my bedroom recorded stuff, of course you cant beat a mic'ed up cab though :)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31663
    Do those Joyo pedals have a speaker sim on all the time? So you can't really use them with a real amp?
    Well, sort of. Rotating the "voice" knob clockwise works very well with a guitar amp/speaker though, and turning it anti-clockwise works better with a full-range system.

I'm not sure what it actually controls, but what it does in practice is obvious when you try it. They sound fantastic, and are cheap enough to buy two of them if you're concerned about build quality (I did).