Ben Howard

Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
Im sure this has been covered but I have only recently got into him, so clearly I now need a new guitar to have set up in cgcggc tuning.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1779
    I really like his first album, its got some great guitar playing and some brilliant songwriting. But I must say that I haven't heard anything I've liked from the second album - it all seems a bit, uummm self indulgent maybe, and lacks the spark that drew me to the first one.
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Stop crying, start buying
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 628
    I have only been listening to Every Kingdom so yet to hear the second one, only 4 years late!
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7810
    2nd Album is much harder listen, it's all a bit muddy to me (maybe that's due to his love of Strymon delays lol)
    Live the tunes on this album worked a lot better, they are more atmospheric and moody than the record suggests, 

IFWWW is certainly a very different record to Tragic Kingdom, no light touch at all and the acoustic is almost redundant, he plays a lot of LP on it. Still has some good songs though, End of the Affair is a stand out as is Conrad. Without doubt though Tragic Kingdom is the more accessible record and I think he is a far more interesting acoustic player than electric.

He's coped a lot of flak over the IFWWW tour though as he pretty much refused to play any songs off Tragic Kingdom, I actually liked that though, It so rare to hear an act play an entire new release and form a show around the record. Brave though, lots of people were pissed off at the gig I went to.

I look forward to seeing how he develops over time, I think he could have a very interesting career

• badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
    edited June 2015
    His bass player is lovely.