Patti Smith

GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
Saw Patti Smith last night, playing Horses with Lenny Kaye. It was the best gig I have ever been to in my life, amazing performance and brilliant sound in Glasgow's Royal Concert Hall. Both of them are pensioners too - 67 and 68 respectively. It was truly superb!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Wow, bet that was awesome.

I've seen her live just the once, on the Trampin' tour, (again Lenny was on guitar) and she was mesmerising (we were right at the front on the barrier).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    It really was electrifying. I was right at the front too, got a good look at Lenny's pedalboard - not much on it, Phase 90, Boss digital delay, BF3 flanger, Fulltone full drive and a Budda wah. There was something else I couldn't identify, probably just a tuner but it was after the modulation, which is weird.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72344
    I seriously regret not trying to get tickets for this early enough…

:(

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    edited June 2015
    ICBM said:
    I seriously regret not trying to get tickets for this early enough…

:(
    I was only told about the gig the night before they wan't on sale and was lucky enough to have the ticketmaster site actually work correctly! Elegy was interesting, was written as a tribute to Hendrix but she's taken too shouting names of other people she was close to who have died, amongst the expected one's - Thunders, Fred Sonic Smith, Mapelthorpe and most of the Ramones, she mentioned Michael Marra, who I loved (although his records are shite). 

After the Horses set, she stepped to the side while Kaye and the band played a Velvet Underground set. Was brilliant, a hell of a lot better than the actual VU were when I saw them on that ridiculous '93 tour.  And then when you thought it couldn't get better, she came back on and they played Dancing Barefoot, Pumping, Because The Night (and couple of others I can't remember!) and a rocking My Generation(which briefly morphed into Surfin' Bird) with excellent bass and drum work from Tony Shanahan and Jay Dee Daugherty. It was brillian!
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    Think i missed her at hebden recently :(