Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24334
    I've just dried Drew's clearing all blocks approach and that has worked!

thank you.

How odd!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Yay! Now, was it worth it? Do you like the Stupor? :) 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I've just dried Drew's clearing all blocks approach and that has worked!

thank you.

How odd!
    Okay, so here is what I'm thinking..correct me if I'm wrong... but what I see here is if the preset is using too much DSP and I'm right at the upper limit, I cannot scroll up and down in the menus. So it means I cannot see the full list.

IE: If I'm in the delay list and I can only use the simple delay, then I cannot scroll down past the pitch echo. Meaning transistor tape, bucket brigade, adriatic delay, etc... they all look like they're no longer available.
    I don't think so - the ones you can't have were just greyed out.

And all I had on it was 1 amp, 1 IR, and a phaser
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    I've owned it for a year!

this isn't my first rodeo!

But I'll do it again in a mo.
    That's why this is funny - they are going to lump you in with the numpties :-) 
    It's mildly amusing.

But it's not helping Paul one iota. FWIW.
    Nor was it purporting to. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

Aye, problem solved. Continue to be a wanker!
    I found it funny.

No drama. It's not like I'm innocent of piss taking.
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3044
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

I think the missing context is how long I've known Paul, and that we've met more than once. 

You enjoy your lighthearted moments too. Clearly our Manstrual cycles aren't synced and I'm feeling lighthearted when you are feeling grumpy. It's ok.

:-) 
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

I think the missing context is how long I've known Paul, and that we've met more than once. 

You enjoy your lighthearted moments too. Clearly our Manstrual cycles aren't synced and I'm feeling lighthearted when you are feeling grumpy. It's ok.

LOL. There is no missing context; you're being a douche about the Facebook group for no good reason other than ... I have noooooo bloody idea!

Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

LOL. There is no missing context; you're being a douche about the Facebook group for no good reason other than ... I have noooooo bloody idea!

not that it'll change your mind but as you mention it:  my view is that the group is a double-edged sword for L6. Each update seems to generate a received-wisdom there that updates are dangerous and that there are issues with them, when it's most often user error. I think L6's customer/fan base is very wide, certainly moreso than say Kemper's or Fractal's. There seem to be a significant chunk who struggle a lot with some of the basic stuff. It's fantastic that the group exists, I've learned some cool stuff, but it can be muppet central too. 

Enjoy your afternoon. 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

not that it'll change your mind but as you mention it:  my view is that the group is a double-edged sword for L6. Each update seems to generate a received-wisdom there that updates are dangerous and that there are issues with them, when it's most often user error. I think L6's customer/fan base is very wide, certainly moreso than say Kemper's or Fractal's. There seem to be a significant chunk who struggle a lot with some of the basic stuff. It's fantastic that the group exists, I've learned some cool stuff, but it can be muppet central too. 

Enjoy your afternoon. 
    Aye I get you, I get you. Same way I look at this place and just have to facepalm most of the time - 90% of the people here don't even play guitar!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    TimmyO said:

It's mildly amusing.

Enjoy your afternoon. 
    Aye I get you, I get you. Same way I look at this place and just have to facepalm most of the time - 90% of the people here don't even play guitar!!
    I understand that frustration. When I joined this (ok, the version 3 iterations ago) forum back in the day I started organising real-world music-making meetups for the forum because that's what I wanted from it. 

Real life took over for a few years but I have been thinking about doing another (maybe an acoustic one this time or a Modeller-meetup).

Also I think for many this forum is a little chink in to the world of music that their life has little extra room for - balancing a passion for music with a background of academic/corporate grind is hard. Hopefully places like this are a gateway to more. It certainly has been for me. 
    Red ones are better. 
    Ooh - it is surprisingly easy to have a bunch of notes on Helix footswitches and have your DAW triggered to make spectacular sounds.

I had Alchemy (in Logic) booming from the DXR10, and then added the midi fx plugin to get chords generated from the notes. Took minutes. If I actually *worked* at this some cool stuff could be done lol 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28354
    Drew_TNBD said:
    90% of the people here don't even play guitar!!
    Cello is just better!

If only I didn't fall off​ the chair when I try to play cello and hit footswitches at the same time...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27072
    Sporky said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    90% of the people here don't even play guitar!!
    Cello is just better!

If only I didn't fall off​ the chair when I try to play cello and hit footswitches at the same time...
    You could probably get around that with some sort of harness, or "FX swing"...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    So you want me to repurpose a bondage hammock?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27072
    Sporky said:
    So you want me to repurpose a bondage hammock?
    Your words, not mine!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    We all know what you meant.

I would remind you that not everyone owns a bondage hammock.