Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Would expect amp models & cabs to sound awful in to the front of an amp, but there's certainly nothing to say you can't do it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    John_A said:
    Would expect amp models & cabs to sound awful in to the front of an amp, but there's certainly nothing to say you can't do it
    Surprisingly all right
    I did find when I took the cabs off I was shelving big bits of EQ from the amp models
    I should have switched the amp off too but I was using the preamp gain 
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Cabicular said:
    John_A said:
    Surprisingly all right
    Would give it a go if I still had an amp :)
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited October 2017
    Yeah me to - its not the "right way" to do it....that's why I was surprised. I will definitely do that idea of the split before the cabs...will have to get a bit more familiar first though. Still don't know my way around this dead simple interface yet properly. Just tweaked a few patches that's all. At low volume everythings great..the acid test awaits. It likely will sound horrid at rehearsal tomorrow but I remain hopeful till then...
    siraxeman said:
    Yeah me to - its not the "right way" to do it....that's why I was surprised. I will definitely do that idea of the split before the cabs...will have to get a bit more familiar first though. Still don't know my way around this dead simple interface yet properly. Just tweaked a few patches that's all. At low volume everythings great..the acid test awaits. It likely will sound horrid at rehearsal tomorrow but I remain hopeful till then...
    Top tip
    I almost guarantee you will need more midrange
    :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Does anyone else fucking love their helix? It's the best piece of guitar kit over ever bought.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Mine had its first outing at tonight's band rehearsal...I chickened out of taking my AC30 (2 flights of stairs...don't mind for a gig but a rehearsal...maybe next week!) anyway so I just plugged direct into the rehearsal rooms PA which my guess was of the budget variety. That said regardless it worked great....but that's no surprise to anyone here.I just need to sort a few presets out and i'll be all set. the other guitarist/co bassist said it sounded great as did the singerist. One of our songs was Rebel Rebel...and with the patch I used it had a nice definition and sounded sweet..very articulate. Already thinking this is gonna be a great buy! thanks again fiftyshadesofjay! :-)

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited October 2017
    Posting issues..
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    edited October 2017
    RMJ said:
    Does anyone else fucking love their helix? It's the best piece of guitar kit over ever bought.  Agree.
  • I'm still struggling with mine tbh...I plugged into a basic tube combo at practice the other night and it was just such a relief to just get a decent tone after 20 seconds of tweaking and spend the rest of the night playing without thinking about it again. With the helix I'm just constantly tweaking, trying to get more of this or dial out some of that...I'm fully prepared to admit that's just me though. :)

• siraxeman said:

Mine had its first outing at tonight's band rehearsal...I chickened out of taking my AC30 (2 flights of stairs...don't mind for a gig but a rehearsal...maybe next week!) anyway so I just plugged direct into the rehearsal rooms PA which my guess was of the budget variety. That said regardless it worked great....but that's no surprise to anyone here.I just need to sort a few presets out and i'll be all set. the other guitarist/co bassist said it sounded great as did the singerist. One of our songs was Rebel Rebel...and with the patch I used it had a nice definition and sounded sweet..very articulate. Already thinking this is gonna be a great buy! thanks again fiftyshadesofjay! :-)

No problem mate, glad you’re digging it! :)
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    edited October 2017
    Joystick broke on mine last night. NO IT DIDN'T. I AM AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRESET KNOB AND THE JOYSTICK! I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326

I still absolutely love what this technology does, but the past few weeks has seen reality kick on; at the moment I'm just far too busy with work/trying to keep fit/gigs to have time to enjoy this properly. I've not had one minute in 4 weeks to touch in and get some new tones from it, so I'm 50% ready to move it on.

If I had more time in life and my career wasn't so draining I would 100% keep this thing and play away. 

edited October 2017
    Joystick broke on mine last night. NO IT DIDN'T. I AM AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRESET KNOB AND THE JOYSTICK! I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>
    I called gear4music, and they'll take it back to send away, but that means I'm without it for quite some time.

Is there any way to get a replacement unit before sending mine away for repair? @Digital_Igloo ?

R.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Joystick broke on mine last night. I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>
    I called gear4music, and they'll take it back to send away, but that means I'm without it for quite some time.

Is there any way to get a replacement unit before sending mine away for repair? @Digital_Igloo ?

R.
    LT as a backup? £738 at GAK currently... most other places are now £850+.

Bad news about the joystick. I’ve been reading about quite a few similar failures recently - its a bit of a worry.
    edited October 2017
    simonk said:
    Joystick broke on mine last night. NO IT DIDN'T. I AM AN IDIOT AND DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PRESET KNOB AND THE JOYSTICK! I hardly ever use it as I usually program/tweak using the app. In fact, all I do with it is switch between preset banks. But it didn't work last night at rehearsal. I guess a return is on the cards. <sigh>

R.
    LT as a backup? £738 at GAK currently... most other places are now £850+.

Bad news about the joystick. I’ve been reading about quite a few similar failures recently - its a bit of a worry.

The most worrying this is that I hardly use it. I do most/all my tweaking through my laptop, and switch patches with the Control. I've probably used the joystick thing a handful of times. It's certainly not had any rough treatment (my Rack is flightcased).

R.
    Anyone remember Daley Thompsons Decathlon? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    siraxeman said:
    Anyone remember Daley Thompsons Decathlon? ;)

Oh yes...!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Now that game wasn't kind on joysticks!! I can tell ya!!