Line 6 Helix

What's Hot

Comments

• willowillo Frets: 386
    Has anyone spent any time exploring the new presets? Apparently there are some good ones, especially around ambient stuff. I had a play around earlier and there are some fun ones, and then basic rock tones also sound good, but I don't track what's new with each release so can't say what's in 3.7 versus another release.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NOBLE BASS PREAMP

That is all :) 
    I think it's over rated TBH. The real one.
    I can nail that sound with a T21 Paradriver, for 20% of the price.
    And that's why I want to try the HX version and not buy one! 

I'm in no doubt the Nobel sounds great but I'm extremely happy with my Origin Bassrig. As was our new bassist who borrowed it for last week's gig! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    2003amxl said:
    Great update. Love the new Voltage amp since they were lacking the hot rod plexi thing which I miss from my old Atomic Amps firebox.

I'd love them to expand on the synth stuff that's legacy from the HD500. I'm sure they can get some sort of polyphonic synth going.

The Voltage sounds nearly identical to the Brit Plexi brt!
  • Jota said:
    2003amxl said:
    Great update. Love the new Voltage amp since they were lacking the hot rod plexi thing which I miss from my old Atomic Amps firebox.

I'd love them to expand on the synth stuff that's legacy from the HD500. I'm sure they can get some sort of polyphonic synth going.

The Voltage sounds nearly identical to the Brit Plexi brt!
    It can do but it's also got that boost control that pushes the gain further in a nicer way (to my ears) than pedals can.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2597
    Terrible admission but after a month of owning a Stomp XL, my ears are not getting used to the amp models. I've got closest with the Deluxe, but still not right. It doesn't combine with the pedals I use in the way I like. I've started spending evening after evening experimenting - basically not playing. I like amps to be set and forget... I'm thinking of putting my cheapo American Sound back on my board and just using the Stomp for effects.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Can someone confirm - are the 6 new amps the same ones packaged into the Catalyst amps??
  • I updated firmware over the weekend and re-did my main preset which hasnt got a face lift since I got my current guitar. Didnt end up using any of the new amps though the PV vitriol crunch and the mail order twin ended up my faves with that guitar. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Can someone confirm - are the 6 new amps the same ones packaged into the Catalyst amps??
    Yes.
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • Yes.
    @Digital_Igloo Is there any chance of getting hold of a DSP board for a Helix Rack, preferably reasonably cheaply?

R.
  • Yes.
    @Digital_Igloo Is there any chance of getting hold of a DSP board for a Helix Rack, preferably reasonably cheaply?

R.
    Perhaps, but you'll likely have to go through UK service. @rossyamaha?
    Chief Product Design Architect, Yamaha Guitar Group | Line 6 | Ampeg
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3049
    edited November 2023
    Yes.

R.
    Thanks, I’ve tried that and got directed to Sontec who told me the DSP board is £445.25 and is out of stock.

The unit works but is stuck on an old version of firmware because the USB port is not working, ie. the device is not recognised when connecting to a computer.

I’m out of options just now.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 989
    Yes.

R.
    Thanks, I’ve tried that and got directed to Sontec who told me the DSP board is £445.25 and is out of stock.

The unit works but is stuck on an old version of firmware because the USB port is not working, ie. the device is not recognised when connecting to a computer.

Sounds like Sontec haven’t improved much in the last 5+ years: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1534021/#Comment_1534021
  • Yes.

R.

Hopeful bump...

@rossyamaha - do you have any idea if Helix Rack DSP boards are available?

R.
  • An interesting interview with Matteo Mancuso on using a Helix.

It's not a competition.
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 291
    Very enjoyable interview  - he's quite a player.  I also enjoyed seeing how he used the Helix, simple presets carefully designed and a great sound emerges. 

That blue Yamaha guitar looks rather lovely too. 

Worth a watch if you play through headphones & want to improve the sound.

https://youtu.be/Kp2enZhcV_M?feature=shared
    shuikit said:
    Just updated my Helix LT to 3.7, happily no issues to report. Hooray!

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    Is there any settings you must have switched on/off etc when using the helix as just a pedal board? I've run the helix as digital amp setup for so long now, I've never tried it really as a pedal board. Is it just as simple as blank patch, add pedals job done?
  • Jetfire said:
    Is there any settings you must have switched on/off etc when using the helix as just a pedal board? I've run the helix as digital amp setup for so long now, I've never tried it really as a pedal board. Is it just as simple as blank patch, add pedals job done?
    Yes, it’s that simple. The only thing I did was set the big volume control to off in the global menu. Just incase you mash it accidentally.
    Looks like Customtone has been updated.  Have a look at the options (Tones/ Tone Templates/ How To Videos/ Tone Discussion/ Jam Tracks) on the grey bar near the top of the page: https://line6.com/customtone/