SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: 2 x Celestion G12H30 Blackbacks...NOW SOLD

DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
edited June 2015 in Amps £
A pair of Blackback 8 ohm G12H30s with 75Hz cones.  Checking the codes online at the Celestion site, I'm fairly sure they're from 1976 (AJ13 and AJ14 are January 13th/14th 1976, from what I can tell), and the cones look like the original Kurt Muellers.  They've sounded great individually with everything I've tried 'em in (most recently an Ampeg J20), but after switching things around a bit, they're both out of their respective cabs/combos and I'd like to sell them as a pair if possible.  The cones are unmarked, baskets look in good shape, and even the original cork gaskets are in great nick...check out the photos below...I've tried to get all the important bits in!  

Looking for £100 posted for the pair.

Cheers for looking.  Drop me a message if you have any questions.
New fangled trading feedback link right here!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1470
    edited June 2015
    Oof thats a good price! Far too many speakers here but I would be buying these if I didn't already have some. Any trades out of interest? I take it that is dust rather than mildew on the outer edge of the cone?
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2566
    photek said:
    Oof thats a good price! Far too many speakers here but I would be buying these if I didn't already have some. Any trades out of interest? I take it that is dust rather than mildew on the outer edge of the cone?
    Full disclosure...the one speaker you're referring to (the last picture above) did look to have some surface blotches.  It was stored in a fitted wardrobe in my bedroom with an external wall...a bit of a temperature differential over winter might have led to some condensation forming on the cone.  It's certainly doesn't look to have penetrated.  I was worried it was mildew, so gave it a fine misting with a diluted bleach solution, let it dry out, and very gently brushed away the powdery residue on the surface.  Still not sure if it actually was mildew, but I haven't seen any sign of anything spreading or returning over the last few weeks I've had it out.  I've tested it, and it sounds just as good as ever to me, but I appreciate your concerns.  I'd consider selling them singly too, if that's an option.

Trades?  I'm good for speakers...just trying to raise funds for my posh delay "war chest" really.  Might consider trades with some extra cash from me for a Strymon delay, or something in a similar footprint with tap tempo....but that's probably getting a bit specific!
  • photekphotek Frets: 1470
    You are probably ok if it hasn't spread chap. I had a bit of mildew on some old GB's and even after treating it spead quickly, that looks fine to me. Only got speakers to trade unfortunately.
    BUMP...these can't stay sat on my dining table indefinitely...will entertain reasonable offers....
    SOLD...Cheers to @Pigknows