Varitone switch legend thing

I'm in the process of refinishing/rebuilding a Thinline Esquire Tele that will have a Varitone circuit fitted, I have a Varitone switch on the way in kit form from the bay, but I need to source the legend thing the goes behind the 6 way rotary switch to indicate the switch position, anyone know a source, or even what the correct name is, so I can search for one please?

Paul
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3091
    edited June 2015
    Yes I've seen it
    I have a switch, just need the backplate thing with the numbers on it....

Paul

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

edited June 2015
    double post....DOH!

So ... you've seen this and you want to get one for less money?

http://www.bigdguitars.com/products/dial-plate

edited June 2015
    Nice one Frankus!
    Your first link took me to the switch.......now I wonder if they will ship to the UK?

Thanks for the link!

Paul

Yes they will mail to the UK, its $10 though, but its an option if I cannot source in the UK

Cheers Frankus!

I've bought from Big-D I like him, hopefully you'll find a UK source or perhaps a luthier
  • bigdawgbigdawg Frets: 51
    so how easy would that be to install ??  I quite like that..

IIRC one lead goes to the earth jack and one lead goes to the live jack and that's it.

Wire it externally fist to see if you like it. I think there's a couple of options that benefit from a boost pedal but sound lush :)

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    frankus said:

IIRC one lead goes to the earth jack and one lead goes to the live jack and that's it.

Wire it externally fist to see if you like it. I think there's a couple of options that benefit from a boost pedal but sound lush :)

So theoretically, you could just fit into a pedal box?

Yes, I'm looking at putting it in a pedal, because for one thing, there's a volume drop.. so a  boost would be useful... for another thing while investigating the problem with the bridge pickup on my 335 I removed the shaft from the push/pull volume pot I used >:D<
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Interested to hear how you get on with this - I may try something similar 
    edited June 2015
    Ive put my kit together,  but not yet tested it or installed it into a guitar, it went together quite easily and the instructions were very good, I assembled mine so the caps were to one side of the pot rather than bebeath it, it was fiddly as there are a lot of components........
    Heres a link to it in action from the kit supplier......