SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Macbook Air 13", 1.3ghz, 8GB, 128GB

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
edited June 2015 in Misc £
Have a Macbook Air 13" for sale.
Upgraded 8GB RAM, 128GB SS hard drive, 1.3ghz processor.
Have this up on gumtree for £625 but I'll do it for £550 shipped for a forumite.
Has original power supply and box.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5205
    How old is it, and what version of OS have you got on there?
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    Yeah as above and does it have a disc drive? Any marks or warranty left on it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33799
    edited June 2015
    I've had it for about 20 months.

Macbook Air's don't have disc drives- at least the last few iterations don't,
    There are a few marks underneath it, but nothing on top.

It has actually never left the house- I just use it for evening surfing.
    On the warranty- it has 3 years worth of Applecare, so I guess it has another year and a bit to go.

I can put any OS you like on it- it has the latest version of Yosemite on there at the moment
    Actually a Beta of 10.10.4- but I can put the latest non-beta version on there, or anything else you want.

I was planning on wiping it and reinstalling the OS when it sells but I'm still using it until my new Pro turns up on Friday.

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3298
    I was on the lookout for a Pro for Mrs Voo but the Air would be a useful size for her. The disc drive was needed though. I suppose an external drive could be connected. Thanks mate.
    Deijavoo said:
    I was on the lookout for a Pro for Mrs Voo but the Air would be a useful size for her. The disc drive was needed though. I suppose an external drive could be connected. Thanks mate.
    Yes, you can get a USB DVD drive for it.
    Another useful thing is being able to share a drive over wifi from another machine.

I've never needed the external drive for this because I just share my Mac Pro's one over wifi.
    Works brilliantly.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    octatonic said:
    Deijavoo said:
    Yes, you can get a USB DVD drive for it.
    Another useful thing is being able to share a drive over wifi from another machine.

I've never needed the external drive for this because I just share my Mac Pro's one over wifi.
    Works brilliantly.
    That's very useful to know, thanks. 
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Ok, I'll take it. Pm'd.
    Replied and sold.