Excited!

jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
edited June 2015 in Music
Took the plunge (can't afford it! Don't tell the wife!) and ordered a ticket to Deaf Havana at the academy2 in Oxford in a few weeks. It's a 400 capacity venue so should be legit as fuck!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    It's upstairs? I thought that was closed now. Been up there a few times, great little venue. Enjoy.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Deadman said:
    It's upstairs? I thought that was closed now. Been up there a few times, great little venue. Enjoy.
    No idea mate, just know it's in the "academy2" and it holds around 400 people....so it's definitely not the main room. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    joneve said:
    Deadman said:
    No idea mate, just know it's in the "academy2" and it holds around 400 people....so it's definitely not the main room. 
    Both floors are deffo still there - I'm a regular!
    Stop crying, start buying
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3905
    Ah right! It'll be upstairs Jon, downstairs holds over 1000.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Saw them in Wolverhampton last year and saw the amazing James VG solo in Bristol a few months back. Amazing band and he is a great songwriter.

I can see him going down a more 'Americana' route if the solo show was anything to go by.

Met him after the show and he is one of the nicest guys ever - even nicer than Dave Grohl (not met DG but every time he is mentioned, there is usually some fawning comment about 'the nicest guy in Rock'. Now he has done a gig with a broken leg, he's probably the fucking messiah!).

Dead jealous joneve!

robwright;675261" said:
    Saw them in Wolverhampton last year and saw the amazing James VG solo in Bristol a few months back. Amazing band and he is a great songwriter.

I can see him going down a more 'Americana' route if the solo show was anything to go by.

Met him after the show and he is one of the nicest guys ever - even nicer than Dave Grohl (not met DG but every time he is mentioned, there is usually some fawning comment about 'the nicest guy in Rock'. Now he has done a gig with a broken leg, he's probably the fucking messiah!).

Dead jealous joneve!

Was also at the Louisiana gig. His solo stuff is stunning. I think I'd have gone all fanboy if I'd met him and Max!

So pumped for their new album.
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    Fucking hell - only 400 punters and I've just got 4 tickets!

I will officially be the best Dad in the world when I tell my teenage daughters? Might even wake em up now!

See you there joneve and thanks for the heads up!

robwright said:
    Fucking hell - only 400 punters and I've just got 4 tickets!

I will officially be the best Dad in the world when I tell my teenage daughters? Might even wake em up now!

See you there joneve and thanks for the heads up!
    Hooray! I've not told the wife yet, and we can't afford for me to go really...but I will be there! :D 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27000
    My old local :) Played there a few times. Dressing room smaller than your average downstairs loo.  Always good gigs though :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires