SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Surf Green Strat, BKP Apaches, closet classic

What's Hot
Limehouse_BluesLimehouse_Blues Frets: 1160
edited October 2017 in Guitars £
september 2016 - surf greeny still for sale - gbp 480 shipped

After a period flirting with Strats I'm letting these go. I'm more of humbucker guy and post on the MLP forum under the same moniker. With my R0 about to return from its makeover with Florian Jager it's time to clear some space. The two guitars for sale are detailed below. Price includes UK shipping. Any questions please ask.

Tokai ST60 Springy Sound // 1981 // Candy Apple Red - SOLD

MJTele Partscaster // 50s style with Barekuckle Apaches // Surf Green // gig bag - GBP 480

The TokaI

All original pickups and hardware. This example features the rarer 'spaghetti' logo. Missing back plate and trem arm. Guitar is in good condition for its 34 years of age. A few minor chips and dings in the original metallic red finish. Moderate fret wear. Nice low action. Retro gig bag. 

Increasingly collectible axe made in Japan during a golden period for Japanese guitar manufacture. These earlier ones seem quite hard to come by in the UK. I imported this from Japan myself and paid the VAT and duty so you don't have to! 
These list on the bay for a lot more. Grab this rare guitar for a bargain price.

The Partscaster

This was built from parts supplied by MJTele in the US. Alder body (2 piece I believe), nitro finished in surf green as a 'closet classic' - so only a few natural looking nicks and dings. The nitro finished neck is a Fender licensed Allparts neck with a modern radius. The headstock has had an F logo applied to it but this is not a Fender guitar. It's a fantastic sounding instrument though. Wired with Bareknuckle Apache pickups. Aged hardware. 50s style single ply scratch guard is shielded. Originally assembled by a local luthier, the guitar also received a professional set up at Feline guitars in Croydon. Gig bag.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16139
    The Springy sure is a bargain at that price...thats for sure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1465
    Hi, do you have any pics of the Tokai body with the neck and scratchplate off, I am trying to figure out if my one of these is an official tokai body or not.

Cheers,

Mark.
  • Hi Mark. Afraid I don't, sorry. Sean
    No probs mate. Great price in my opinion.
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    Pm'ed
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    And hopefully tokai sold
  • Beauties!
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 738
    edited June 2015
    That Tokai is a beauty. I've got an ST80 from the same period and I wouldn't part with it! If mark123 doesn't have it, can I have second dibs????

• Sold to Mark The surf greeny is still available and wants a new home
  • Surf green mjt strat withdrawn
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    ST60 for 275 bucks? Jesus, that was half of what a lot of people are asking.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It's more or less the same as they go for used in japan (about 50k yen). Mark indeed got a good deal (I took the hit on the vat, shipping and duty) but I don't like having guitars sitting around unplayed.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3924
    photek said:
    Hi, do you have any pics of the Tokai body with the neck and scratchplate off, I am trying to figure out if my one of these is an official tokai body or not.

Cheers,

Mark.

Some pics here of my old ST40 @photek if it helps:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/9431/withdrawn-1984-tokai-strat#latest
    Deadman said:
    photek said:

Cheers,

Mark.

Some pics here of my old ST40 @photek if it helps:
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/9431/withdrawn-1984-tokai-strat#latest

@Deadman Thanks a lot chief I will compare when I get home. I hope all is well with you and yours.
  • My Surf Green MJT Strat is back up for sale. 600 shipped. Any questions please shout.
  • Surf greeny must go. 480 shipped and a bump. Putting this kit together today from MJT with the fx rate and import taxes would set you back nigh on a grand so grab a bargain.
  • Both guitars now SOLD
  • Whoever bought the surf green strat - please put me on the top of the list if you ever decide to move it on!
  • bennyg85bennyg85 Frets: 64
    Who bought the Surf Green Partsacaster? I keep coming back to this ad to look at it!
  • It's been resold a couple of times sinçe I sold it. No idea who has it now. Was a great guitar. Bxp Apaches are the best sounding Strat pickups I've ever played, including the pickups in the few pre CBS Strats I've had the privilege of playing.