Westbury Standard gettin nekkid!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• flyingvflyingv Frets: 555
    Sarge said:
    Thanks @flyingv tis a guitar that hets lots of action, moreso now I pulled my finger out of my arse and crowned the frets!
    I also have to big up the Dimarzio k10's in this, they came stock in old mij Hondo amongst others, bright, punchy with plenty bottom, go really well in mahogany bodies. Yum.

Yep, you've done a top job there mate! She looks killer! And I'm a big fan of Dimarzios, Just put an old seventies super distortion and a PAF in my les Paul, with 50s wiring and PIO caps they rock!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Sarge These look amazing. I love SG's and these aren't a million miles away. I also have a Tokai 3 HB sg which is just sublime. Where can I get a love rock? Are they an old guitar that Tokai don't make anymore? These 2 look fine as hell. Really nice work @Sarge ;
  • Where these Tokai's? If so what model? @Sarge ;
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    @JudasVigilante  no these are the Westbury Standard,  from late 70's early 80s  Matsumoku factory Japan. 
    there is one on ebay right now : 
    Ebay item number 182200436366 @£199 or make an offer,  this isn't mine I must add! 
  • @Sarge Many thanks, skint at the moment, going through divorce with wifey at the moment, so all money goes on kids etc. But in a few months it'll be over hopefully and if there's one around, I'll get it for sure. What is the body wood? Mahogany? and what are stock electrics / Pickups like? I'd probably mod it and fit new electrics and HB's anyway. The body shape is perfect from an SG lover point of view. I actually though it may have been an old Yamaha, they do one with similair body shape. Not sure what it's called. I'll take a look at that one on Ebay anyways. BTW How do you tell poly paint finish on a guitar from nitro finish? Do they both come off the same way regardless.... heat gun and paint scraper? Sorry I'm a bit of a noob at modding/ customising. All the best and thanks @Sarge.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2401
    @JudasVigilante yes it's 2 piece mahogany,  and the stock pickups are Dimarzio Super Distortion bridge and neck though some came with a PAF neck. 
    The electrics are standard matsumoku full size pots and bloody good they are too,  wiring will be very tidy so no need to change any of that. 

I've not removed a nitro finish yet so can't comment but it's pretty easy to tell the