Picks - A revelation!

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    Strangely I've moved the other way, and taken up using a pick after years of using my fingers. My preference is for something inflexible, and not too thin. For fast strumming I still resort to fingers
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I’ve found it’s the edge of the pick which largely determines the attack or brightness of the pick. A new Tortex has a sharp edge and anything with a bevelled edge sounds duller. I use a nail file to put the edge back onto Tortex picks as they wear. Experimentation with different picks is certainly a worthwhile exercise, although I did come full circle back to the Tortex 0.88 and 1mm.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Anyone tried the Dava Jazz Grips?  I don't normally like Jazz III style picks, but these are slightly larger and have really great grip on them.  Because the tip of the pick is nylon it lasts for ages.  I've been using one for about 4 weeks now and it hasn't really worn down at all.  

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    Interesting you've found the Dava nylon tip to last. I've not tried the Jazz size but have used the original style 'control' green pick before, which is nylon. I found it wore pretty quickly. I wonder if they've modified the material for the Jazz pick. Or maybe it is my playing style.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    On the Dava note they make a great alternative to a coin if you want to use something with that kind of tone. Nickel Silver master control http://www.davapick.com/picks/rock_control