SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Soldano SLO 100 - £2000 - With Footswitch & Depth Mod

What's Hot
electricfurnaceelectricfurnace Frets: 37
edited October 2015 in Amps £
FS: Soldano SLO 100 - With Footswitch & Depth Mod - £2000.

Up for sale is my beloved Soldano SLO 100 Super Lead Overdrive guitar amp. Simply an incredible guitar head, but as I've switched back to modded Marshalls (Dan Gower modded JCM800's) I don't use it as much to warrant keeping it.

SLO's are legendary - I went through lots of high gain amps prior to this (Peavey 5150's, Mesa Dual Rec's etc) and nothing came close to the SLO.

Standard SLO with the addition of the Depth Mod - this is an essential modification to allow for a really great low end. With the Depth Mod set to zero there is no interference in tone.

Headshell is a lovely black snakeskin effect.

Comes with standard Soldano Footswitch (not pictured).

Couple of light snags and marks on casing from use but nothing major. Working perfectly and had very little use since purchase. JJ 6L6 output tubes and JJ preamp tubes as recommended by Mike Soldano himself!

Sounds Great did have a similar one in stock for £3800!

UK/Euro spec so no step down transformer needed etc.

Collection from South Wales. Or can send by Courier will be packed well to ensure safe transit. Courier will be £50 to ensure safe transit.

Standard Product Description:

The 100 Watt SUPER LEAD OVERDRIVE set not only the standard, but the benchmark, for high-gain tube amp overdrive & distortion.

While setting that standard Soldano created a modern classic.  Unchanged in over twenty years, the SLO’s remarkable sound, award-winning innovative design, and flawless construction make it simply the finest amplifier money can buy.  And the SLO’s tone, construction, and reliability have made it the heart and soul of many of Rock, Metal, and Electric Blues’ most creative and celebrated players.  It’s because of this that you’ve been hearing the SLO 100 on your favorite records since 1987.  From Clapton to Van Halen, from Warren DeMartini to Lou Reed – and from you to Mike Soldano himself, the SLO is simply the player’s choice.

The SLO-100 offers two channels, Normal and Overdrive, each with independent Preamp gain and Master Volume controls.  A footswitch is also provided for effortless noise-free switching between the two channels.  The Normal channel has a Bright switch and a Clean / Crunch gain selector switch.  Standard features include a tube-buffered effects loop and a slave output.  Bass, Middle, Treble, and Presence controls provide the tone shaping.  A rotary Impedance selector switch allows the use of 4, 8, or 16 ohm speaker cabinets.

As is standard with every Soldano amp, the SLO features a specially-designed transformer built in the USA, and is assembled using only the finest military grade components.   

Technical Specification

Power: 100 watts
Two Channel Head with Tube Buffered Effects Loop
Weight: 42 lbs.
Size: 9.5″H x 25″W x 9.5″D
Preamp Tubes: Five 12AX7 / ECC83
Power Tubes: Four 6L6
imageimageimageimage
Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3299
    Wowzers! I had a Clone which was great but one day I will get one of these. What an amp, the lifetime warranty is transferable too I believe.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6233
    tFB Trader
    My dream amp! Good luck with the sale.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Thanks, No trades by the way, just looking for a sale.
    Current Gear: 2006 Gibson Les Paul Classic, Charvel So Cal, 1999 Gibson SG Standard, 2008 Fender Road Worn Strat, 2008 Fender Road Worn Telecaster, Partscaster SRV-lookalike Strat, Martin D28, Gretsch Jim Dandy, Kemper Profiler and Kemper Kab, Marshall JCM800 2203 (Dan Gower modded), Marshall 1960A w/Greenbacks, Positive Grid Spark Mini, various pedals and recording gear!
  • Bump
  • Bumps
  • Friday bump
  • bump
  • bump
  • Still for sale
  • masslessmassless Frets: 24
    Oh god, this is killing me. Have a bump for the amp I know I really should buy. You're just up the road too.
  • Borrow, beg or steal mate...it's worth it! :)

I'm torn between just keeping it, but am gonna leave it up for a bit longer.

• masslessmassless Frets: 24
    Never played one, but do love my Jet City amps. From what I've read, instinct tells me its a no brainer. Can't justify the cost ATM though.
  • Monday bump
  • Sunday bump
  • bump
  • Sunday bump
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2212
    Don't sell this.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bump before I change my mind!
  • Bump
  • Bump