What pot values?

What's Hot
So, i'm about to gut and re-wire my tele, and I want to get the pot values right.

I'm aware that the general norm is 250k for single coils and 500k for buckers, but wanted to double check!

I'm running a SD Hot Stack in the bridge and a Lace Sensor Purple in the neck and wondered what would be a good combo of pots? Would it be as simple as a 500k volume and a 250k tone? Or would another combination be better?
Some more about me, my music and my record label: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/luke-crook/22/18/537

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72720
    I would use 250Ks for both. Even though the Duncan is a humbucker, it's designed to sound like a single coil and go in a guitar with standard single-coil electrics.

If you want to mix control values, I always find it works better with the tone control higher than the volume, not the other way round - that gives more useful control range.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom