The heat, the heat!!

What's Hot
As some of you know, I've been putting together my Les Dennis Mark II lately. It's not assembled yet, I'm waiting for the finish on the Wudtone to cure properly.

However, I've been doing it the manly way - owt in t'shed. And my word does it get warm in there!

Given there are lots of fully justified concerns about how heat affects guitars and whatnot, is it in any danger? The actual bits aren't in any direct sunlight, but when I opened the door this afternoon (and previous afternoons, too, in the past few days) twere like an oven in there.

As I say, no assembled bits, no strings creating tensions and the like, but is it in just as much danger and should it be brought indoors for the duration?
If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33850
    Fuck yes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2011
    edited June 2015
    Done. Thanks for the warning.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33850
    It is humidity fluctuation that is more of an issue than anything.
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Yep, so have a few drinks and it'll all be fine. Or at least you'll have stopped worrying about it.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    I'm sure humidity is in some way connected to my wife. Make of that what you will. ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16809
    yeah, its a bit of an issue for me as my messy workspace is an uninsulated garage. 

thankfully i have two other spaces I can put projects in.  there is a separate insulated room at the back of the garage which is a bit more constant, and a spare room in the house which is a lot more constant.   Most of my wood is stored in the extra garage room, most of my ongoing projects are stored in the house.

The big issue is its good finishing weather too,  but i don't like having curing projects in the house.  they go in the back room of the garage for now but will need more time for acclimatization once moved indoors

Just got back from work and the messy workspace was 36oC and 25% humidity.  I have a big industrial fan which i turn on to move the air out and it quickly brings it down to a workable temperature.   I probably need to get that working automatically 
  • I've actually reached the stage where all I have to do is fit stuff. The staining has been done, the oil has been done, and all that's needed now is the hardware (oh, and to glue the neck in), so I can leave it indoors now, I spose.