If you could only have one FUZZ pedal on your board?

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited May 2017
    JTB ended my Fuzz quest. I even contemplated selling the Lament Configuration, and The Kitteh Cannon is in the current purge.

I now have a pedal that simply has a Jumbo Tonebender and a Big Omar booster in there. That's it (the Lament is in the main stash now rather than my personal one, just for demoing stuff).

http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/images/jumbomar-o.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 337
    I've got a Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe Fuzz and it's been on my board over two years now. Very versatile and usable fuzz. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • juansolo said:
    JTB ended my Fuzz quest. I even contemplated selling the Lament Configuration, and The Kitteh Cannon is in the current purge.

I now have a pedal that simply has a Jumbo Tonebender and a Big Omar booster in there. That's it (the Lament is in the main stash now rather than my personal one, just for demoing stuff).

http://juansolo.co.uk/stompage/images/jumbomar-o.jpg

You know, I love the ultrastoner but if I commission you again I think I'd go for another triple but a jumbo tonebender (you were not kidding), big omar and some kind of overdrive - maybe just a rehoused boss df-2. Or a similar circuit - it would basically be all my dirt requirements in one box, so it'd save space compared to having a double plus a df-2 separate. 

Plus I'd rather it be muff - boost - df-2. And maybe a switch to swap the distortion and boost around. Perfect. 
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    BAT Ritual...only Fuzz have not sold

but i am yet to try the Meathead...
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    It would have to be my DIY, modified Monolith Oracle clone. I love that thing! I'll be building an even more modified version soon, which I think will make it more even more versatile.
    A close joint second is a DIY, modified violet Ram's Head Muff with a mids control and a DIY D*A*M Drag'N'Fly clone.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    juansolo said:

You know, I love the ultrastoner but if I commission you again I think I'd go for another triple but a jumbo tonebender (you were not kidding), big omar and some kind of overdrive - maybe just a rehoused boss df-2. Or a similar circuit - it would basically be all my dirt requirements in one box, so it'd save space compared to having a double plus a df-2 separate. 

Plus I'd rather it be muff - boost - df-2. And maybe a switch to swap the distortion and boost around. Perfect. 
    Rather than order switches I tend to test it both ways before hand and put them in the order they sound best... I can do them, I just tend not to.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2220
    I'd have another Dr Scientist Frazz Dazzler, but I don't really use fuzz that much (well, not at all now).
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28268
    Valvesporker for sheer noisy, mid-dominated noisy nonsense. 
    I never thought of the VS as a fuzz - but I s'pose with the sag up a bit it does get fairly nasty. Glad you like it. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."