SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1971 Bandmaster Reverb 2x10 combo a' la Vibrolux Reverb for sale

What's Hot
rexterrexter Frets: 369
edited July 2015 in Amps £ tFB Trader
Hi all, I'm a new member so apologies for my first post being a classified advert but I haven't long stumbled across this excellent site.
I'm a regular at offsetguitars.com with the same user name... Many, many good deals there if you want a reference!

Anyway, I'm moving house from London to Norwich next week and looking to sell my largest amp (and possibly a handwired BF PR clone) and to downsize to one smaller amp. It's amazing, just a bit too loud for me at the moment. Records like a dream, sounds brilliant in a live context too, used it in head form supporting the War on Drugs and Destroyer in the UK.

Sounds incredible, has a 2x10 solid pine cabinet that my Dad built, a Jensen P10 alnico and an Eminence Legend Alnico and was recapped and blackfaced at JPF amps London about 18 months ago. Finished with mahogany colour varnish which could be completely stripped/sanded off back to the raw pine if you wanted to refinish. It was originally in black tolex, but it was coming loose so I though the wood finish would look neater! The smaller tubes in there are mainly vintage, some Mullards and an RCA I believe. New JJ powertubes. I have all the old caps that were removed by Frank at JPF amps should anyone want them. And I'll throw in a spare pair of 6L6 power tubes if you're close to the asking price.

I'm hoping to sell to someone in the UK for £600 – or your best offer – hopefully quickly before I realise I will really regret it!

Some pics:
imageimage
Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    In response to a message, sadly don't have the original head cabinet anymore – sold it a while back when I put it into the combo.
    Just ask me if you've got any other questions!

www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31039
    I may be wrong but that may not be the original cab.

GLWS.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

tFB Trader
    Gassage said:
    I may be wrong but that may not be the original cab.

GLWS.
    Totally right! – It's an aftermarket cab, modelled on the Vibrolux Reverb. Solid pine with a solid wood baffle too. Not dovetailed, which is something I would have liked, but looks better when sporting the natural wood finish this way I think.
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    Trades?
    tFB Trader
    horsehead said:
    Trades?
    Only thing I'm after is a Silverface Princeton Reverb at the moment, trying to save on space but keep the silverface sound. 
    I'd trade this amp and an additional £150-300 for the right one depending on the year and condition.
    For a REALLY nice vintage PR I'd offer up the Bandmaster and the hand wired Princeton Reverb clone I have!
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    edited July 2015 tFB Trader
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7AxelmlhiovUzNHQmY5ay1FcHM/view?usp=sharing

Here's a little sound clip – excuse the hiss. That is not there anymore. When I moved to a few years ago I accidentally put a 12ax7 in the place of the 12at7, giving me hiss on the reverb channel. It is super quiet now! This gives a nice idea of how the reverb channel sounds though.
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited July 2015
    I could be potentially interested in your pr clone. If you decide to sell. Give me a shout. If you do.
  • horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    soooo no trades for guitars then?
    tFB Trader
    horsehead said:
    soooo no trades for guitars then?
    I have very little willpower normally ... but probably not this time thanks - really got my heart set on downsizing amps and gear to a capsule collection (and have 2 unfinished projects in the works somehow!!)
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • If you don't sell it before moving to Norwich, I'd be interested (I live in Norwich).

Also, why is it set to 220V?!
    tFB Trader
    If you don't sell it before moving to Norwich, I'd be interested (I live in Norwich).

Also, why is it set to 220V?!
    Ok cool! I'm moving next week and will be back and forth for a bit, but probably have some time on Monday evening or Tuesday if you are keen and I still have it. Looking forward to the move, I studied in Norwich a while back.
    Until this April I was living in Spain, hence the 220v setting – the pictures are from March when I re-varnished the cab.
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    Tentative bump - it's an amazing amp but just a a bit too loud for me at home. It's the 40w version though so nice breakup around 4
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    What is the weight matey?
    tFB Trader
    sorry if I missed previous messages! Been a bit all over the place - work/moving etc.
    Anyway, I think when I looked into shipping this before I put down 25kg to the courier company. it is probably a little under that. So has a fair weight to it, mainly from the transformers etc.
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
    tFB Trader
    guys, I'm still really on the fence about selling this one - but would probably crumble. 
    Trades wise I am kind of looking for a Martin 000-15m or some kind of classic semi acoustic guitar perhaps. 
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk