Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Has anyone been to an indoor arena gig that had good sound?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3083
    EricTheWeary;69659" said:
    Yes, the symphony hall is amazing. Seen/ heard country bands, folk bands, choirs and classical ensembles there. At one event they gave a demo on how the mobile acoustic panels work ( they can change the shape of the hall to suit the music).Not seen anyone who could be described as Rock ( although they do have them). Nice and comfy too. Especially compared to having your knees crunched at the NIA.
    I saw Satch at Symphony Hall on the Super Colossal tour... it's not so good when it's loud in there. I saw Beth Orton there a few years before and that had incredible sound.

I was pretty impressed with Bham Town Hall for Eric Johnson this year.. like a great blend of SH and an enormodome.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11932
    I saw Satch at the Manchester Apollo this year, first bad sound I've ever heard there in 20 years!! Worse sound still for his support
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    mudslide73;71443" said:
    [quote="EricTheWeary;69659"]Yes, the symphony hall is amazing. Seen/ heard country bands, folk bands, choirs and classical ensembles there. At one event they gave a demo on how the mobile acoustic panels work ( they can change the shape of the hall to suit the music).Not seen anyone who could be described as Rock ( although they do have them). Nice and comfy too. Especially compared to having your knees crunched at the NIA.
    I saw Satch at Symphony Hall on the Super Colossal tour... it's not so good when it's loud in there. I saw Beth Orton there a few years before and that had incredible sound.

I was pretty impressed with Bham Town Hall for Eric Johnson this year.. like a great blend of SH and an enormodome. [/quote]

I haven't been to the town hall since they finished the refurb. I have happy memories of seeing Tibetan throat singers there. :-B
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Ive seen various acts in arena type gigs, for the most part the sound is disappointing. What I will say however, is that I blame the current crop of sound engineers and their obsession with ramping up the bass and drums so high up the mix that it is unpleasant to listen to. However, there are bands who have very good sound crews with them, Status Quo spring to mind. Their sound has never been bad in any of the gigs I have been to, regardless of size or setting.