SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Marshall 1960B 4x12, loaded with Electrovoice EVM 12L's, with flight case

What's Hot
nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 72
edited October 2015 in Amps £
Here I have for sale two 1960B (straight fronted) Marshall 4x12 cabs,that were re-built by legendary tech Pete Cornish for an internationally renowned artist. They each come loaded with 4 original vintage Electrovoice EVM 12L speakers (the choice of many a guitar tone luminary, such as Joe Bonamassa), so that each cab is capable of handling a monstrous 800 Watts ! And the sound is as good as it gets; huge, clear and articulate with powerful yet tight bass response. Both cabs are in good condition, with a few small scuffs and tears in the tolex, and come with wheeled flight cases, which are also in good condition. Great cabs, but unfortunately I need the space, so they have to go.

Measurements of the flight cases are as follow: H 98 cm, W 88 cm, D 38 cm.

Price is £650 per cab + flight case. Sorry, but I'm unwilling to sell the cabs without the flight cases since, as I said, I need the space. Collection only from south west London, near Wimbledon Lawn Tennis club (Southfields, to be precise).

EDIT: One of the cabs is now sold
SECOND EDIT: The second cab is on hold for kipple.
THIRD EDIT: Both cabs have now been sold.

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l421/nikolas7333/IMAG0209.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l421/nikolas7333/IMAG0215.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l421/nikolas7333/IMAG0212.jpg

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l421/nikolas7333/IMAG0213.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kipplekipple Frets: 354
    Do you know how the speakers are attached to the baffle. I can see that bolts have been used but do you know if there are t nuts or something similar on the other side of the baffle. Basically I want to know if the speakers can be removed from the baffle to inspect the cones and then replaced without it causing difficulty when bolting them back onto the baffle.
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don't remember exactly how they're attached to the baffle, but I have removed some of the speakers at some point (and then put them back again), and I don't remember it being more of a hassle than simply having to unscrew eight bolts per speaker, on top of the 20 or so screws that hold the back of each cabinet on.
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1133
    i bet they weigh a ton! (but sound awesome)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Correct on both counts!
  • lentolento Frets: 117
    Some of the last ever OEM's of this great speaker !!
  • nikolas7333nikolas7333 Frets: 72
    edited July 2015
    kipple said:
    Do you know how the speakers are attached to the baffle. I can see that bolts have been used but do you know if there are t nuts or something similar on the other side of the baffle. Basically I want to know if the speakers can be removed from the baffle to inspect the cones and then replaced without it causing difficulty when bolting them back onto the baffle.
    I had a look at the speakers today, and can confirm that there's no damage to any of the cones, but anyone who'd like to buy these is welcome to check themselves.

Cosmetically, the cabs are actually in better condition than I had remembered (they are hidden in their flight cases most of the time). The worst damage is a small tear in the tolex on the bottom of one of them, and the the grill cloth is a bit worse for wear towards the bottom on the same one. I'll put up a photo of later on today. but other than that they are in great nick.
  • Bump for photo of the damage to one of the cabs.

http://i330.photobucket.com/albums/l421/nikolas7333/IMAG0243.jpg
  • Bump.
    Can you measure the width of the outside of the flight case. And also the height of the flight case from the ground to the top of the outside of case

• OP updated to give measurements of the flight cases.
    I Bought one of these cabs today from Nik. I would recommend Nik as seller to anyone. Thoroughly nice chap who really went the extra mile for me. The speakers are bloody awesome. Nik has another of these cabs for sale which I also tried out and it is great condition and sounds very nice.

• kipple said:
    I Bought one of these cabs today from Nik. I would recommend Nik as seller to anyone. Thoroughly nice chap who really went the extra mile for me. The speakers are bloody awesome. Nik has another of these cabs for sale which I also tried out and it is great condition and sounds very nice.
    Thanks for the kind words, I hope that you enjoy the cab!
  • Bump.
  • Back from holiday bump.
  • Bump.
  • Bump.
  • Bump.
    Sent you a P.M

Hi. Nik I would like to take the other cab off you. I Left you my number in P.M if you want to get in touch

• Both cabs are now sold.